News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MPEG2 Video Splitter Recomendation?

Started by steve053, Thursday Feb 28, 2008, 11:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve053

I have 2 large MPEG2 files (roughly 20 gig each) that I would like to split into 90+ smaller files.  Idealy, I'd like to compress them as AVI files so that I can easily store and stream them to the livingroom.

[Unecessary background information]My 3.5 yr old daughter loves the pbs curious george series.  They are 30 minutes long and have two ~12 minute episides packed in the middle of each show.  I have 47 different shows that I've saved on my DirecTv dvr.  Yesterday I used a capture card to save them to disk (took just about 24 consecutive hours of recording to get them all).  I spit the recording to two 20 gig files as I really didn't want to sit there for a whole day and record 94 seperate files. [/Unecessary background information]

I've tried Ultra Video Splitter with little sucess.  It splits the files to avi, but the audio is WAY out of synch.  I'm really a noob at this and any help is appreciated.

TIA

Steve

jarschmd

Steve,

You might want to go over to Doom9 or Afterdawn...I just was going to ask if people are successfully recording OTA HD on WinXP setups, but I think that there may be too small of an audience here (no offense, guys)...

Cheers!  James

steve053

I took a loook at Doom9 and all of the tutorials were from '03 and '04.  I'll check out the other link.  Thanks.

Steve