News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Milwaukee HDTV Programming / Re: Changes Coming..
Last post by dirtsy - Thursday Nov 16, 2017, 05:51:01 PM
Sigh...I realize these things can take years (thinking of the analog/digital transition the the late '00s)...I am waiting breathlessly for WMLW to get repackaged to a different frequency.  For some reason they are the only channel I get an unstable/useless OTA signal most of the year (across the street neighbor's Oaks and Maples block line of sight from my "illegal" attic antenna I installed in the common area attic above my unit...HOA hasn't busted me on it yet :) ). Hopefully changes come sooner than later with this!
On/Off Topic Chit-Chat / Chinese/Thai restaurant recomm...
Last post by Ralph Kramden - Wednesday Nov 15, 2017, 02:34:21 PM
What is your favorite Chinese/Thai restaurant in the area? Somewhere between Brookfield and Oconomowoc.

Thanks.
Latest News / Re: January 23 2018
Last post by techguy1975 - Monday Nov 06, 2017, 08:49:03 PM
Sounds about right...   
Last post by John L - Sunday Nov 05, 2017, 09:01:15 PM
Quote from: larsob on Monday Jul 24, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
The FCC has set a deadline of January 23 2018 for WCGV, WMLW, WMVT & WVCY to turn off their transmitters.

Info comes from northpine.com

So what will happen here is WCGV will shut down their transmitter on ch. 25 and move 24-1, 24-2, and 24-3 programming on ch. 18 transmitter and continue on there with 18-1, and 24-1 both full HD along with 18-2, 24-2, and 24-3.  I don't know who WVCY is going to go with as far as continuing it's broadcast, Maybe they will lease space on the ch. 18 transmitter to?  Or maybe go with WTMJ, WITI, or WISN or whatever.

Once ch. 24 moves to the ch. 18 transmitter I assume they will take the ch. 25 transmitter, retune it, align the antenna for channel 27 and then in summer 2018 they will shut down the ch. 18 transmitter and move 18-1, 18-2, 24-1, 24-2, 24-3 onto ch. 27.

-John L.
Last post by John L - Sunday Nov 05, 2017, 08:54:40 PM
WMLW will probably repack onto WDJT-TV's transmitter on ch. 46 and continue to appear as 41-1 along with 58-1, 58-2, 58-3 on the same transmitter and also full 1096 HD along with 58-1.

-John L.
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Tivo Connecting to Service S03...
Last post by Tivoman44 - Sunday Aug 27, 2017, 09:18:36 PM
I lately have had nothing but issues with Tivo lately.  Loadstar please tell me you still check this message board. 

My set up: Tivo Series 3 HD, Set up to receive OTA and Spectrum Cable (1 Multistream CC and Tuning Adapter)

Since about 2011 I had been using the Western Digital 1 TB external hard drive (certified by Tivo).

In early 2016 start having issues, that crapped out, I "divorced" the external from the main.  Everything worked fine.  November 2016 I tried to reconnect, seemed to work, then crapped out, then got the green screen of death.  Long story short, found a guy (IT professional who has repaired many Tivos before).  He said the HD crapped out, replaced with a 2 TB internal. 

Got it back June 2017.  It has worked almost perfect.......except last week I got the error that the guide is running out of data......no problem just connect.....connecting didn't work S03 error.  Did some homework on the internet, almost positive it's not the hard drive as the Tivo is working fine otherwise.  Tried restarting (both the Tivo along w/ Router & Modem).  Internet itself has worked fine.  Tried reguided set up (that helped once).  Still couldn't connected. 

Tried unplugging the TA and connecting, then once service "disconnected and loading" I disconnected  theethernet......seemed to take a long time and I plugged back in TA and ethernet, probably shouldn't, and got the S03.

So finally I did the Clear and Delete Everything.  Did that before I went to bed.  This morning I wake up to guided set up.  I did that, had to call Spectrum, the National CC hotline helped me very much and repaired the CC to the Tivo.  And what do you know it connected to the service.  I also connected again this afternoon and connected successfully. 

My only concern is that it still has the message "still getting more program information currently available programs through Tue 8-29).

What's also weird is my option to set season passes has all but seemed to disappear (see example in picture below).  I have to go to Find Programs to do that. 

Tivo is done with the Series 3, but you'd hope they'd release some patches.  In my research of S03 error, I thought I heard how the TA might have to do with that.  Is it the merging of TWC and Charter now Spectrum that's doing this??

I'm just afraid I'll have issues again with connecting to service
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Cheap indoor FM antenna
Last post by Ralph Kramden - Saturday Aug 12, 2017, 08:30:44 PM
Thanks
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Re: Cheap indoor FM antenna
Last post by techguy1975 - Wednesday Aug 09, 2017, 08:19:19 PM
Kinda depends on where you live, and what you want to get..   I live on the south end of Nashville, the majority of the radio stations either on the northern edge of the county of the eastern edge.   I get the local stations in just fine with a short wire antenna.  Haven't really tried for the fringe station. 

I'd imagine rabbit ears would probably be fine as long as it's VHF rabbit ears
Milwaukee HDTV Technical Issues / Cheap indoor FM antenna
Last post by Ralph Kramden - Friday Aug 04, 2017, 02:22:09 PM
I want to improve the FM reception of my stereo. A cheap set of rabbit ears should do that, correct ? Does it matter which one I buy?

Thanks.
Last post by techguy1975 - Wednesday Jul 26, 2017, 10:08:35 PM
I don't recall seeing WMLW on the list as well,  wonder what they are going to do with their programming