News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WVTV 18 signal since antenna change

Started by AA9VI, Friday Feb 04, 2011, 09:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA9VI

I thought I read that there was a change to a more elliptical polarized pattern on WVTV a while back... I haven't been able to get it reliably since then.  I think around the same time they dropped the TX power.  So maybe it's one or the other.  Just curious what others have observed, especially those a little farther from town.
Thanks.

Jimboy

Technical details can be found here.......
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101362453&formid=301&fac_num=74174

Power actually went up after switching from our 240kw backup transmitter. The main transmitter and new antenna is now 745kw horizontal & 499kw vertical (elliptical antenna). The original proposed 1000kw needed to be lowered due to tower constraints. The larger (and heavier) antenna required for 1000kw would have presented a problem with our current space on the tower. It is what it is.

AA9VI

Jimboy thanks for the details.  I guess I forgot WCGV was 38m higher too.  I also didn't realize how many tenants were on that tower (page 16).  WOW.