News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC DVR Service Charge?

Started by Danno321, Sunday Sep 07, 2008, 05:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno321

If one has a DVR box from TWC for which one is charged, why is there a separate charge for "DVR Service" at $8.95?  I was told by TWC CSR that this is so you can forward and reverse shows :huh?: !  Does anyone else find this charge simply ridiculous?

Danno

tbarney

Quote from: Danno321;48080If one has a DVR box from TWC for which one is charged, why is there a separate charge for "DVR Service" at $8.95?  I was told by TWC CSR that this is so you can forward and reverse shows :huh?: !  Does anyone else find this charge simply ridiculous?

Danno

I don't have TWC anymore, but if I remember correctly, you are paying the fee for the rental of a DVR box similar to if you just had a regular cable box and they charged you to have that.  Then you are paying the DVR service fee to be able to record and playback shows.  Dish Network does the same thing they just label it something different.  I don't like paying the extra either, but I like the service, so I keep paying it. Look at it this way, Tivo's monthly service fee is $13/month, so you are saving money with TWC....(well, maybe not when you consider everything else)

Jack 1000

Honestly,

Of all the criticisms of TWC, (and there are TONS, especially at the national level)  I think that there DVR service is the best thing about cable, (or for that matter, having any DVR service or Tivo.)  It's great to be able to watch what you want to watch and control how you watch it.

The added fee, whether its a TWC DVR or a Tivo is needed by the cable/dish companies because you are paying the added $8.00-$10.00 a month for the optional recording service.  You're paying the optional charge for your box to be able to record programs, that's the reason for the charge.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Danno321

There "1 additional @ ..." line item crap is ridiculous too.  Why can't they spell out the line item charge?  To confuse customers!

Jack 1000

Quote from: Danno321;48095There "1 additional @ ..." line item crap is ridiculous too.  Why can't they spell out the line item charge?  To confuse customers!

I agree, along with the taxes and franchise fees that they never tell you about.

Jack

Talos4

Ok, I realize this is an old thread, but being a TWC sub for only six months now I didn't really pay attention to the TWC threads.

This weekend I inquired at the Southridge store about adding an additional DVR to my account. I currently have One DVR and One HD STB.

I want to move the HD STB to my office and put the additional DVR in the Living room.

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS A MONTH FOR AN ADDITIONAL DVR?!?!?!?!?!?!?   :eek:    Really?

I walked out. Later I called. Same answer. I hung up.

I feel violated, ripped off, etc etc. That's outrageous {fart}

I wish I could go back to D*. :(

Xizer

Yep. Those DVR fees are outrageous.

I'd recommend getting a CableCARD and using any device that accepts them (HTPC, Tivo, etc) instead of paying greedy Time Warner hundreds of extra dollars a year.

LoadStar

Quote from: Xizer;57124Yep. Those DVR fees are outrageous.

I'd recommend getting a CableCARD and using any device that accepts them (HTPC, Tivo, etc) instead of paying greedy Time Warner hundreds of extra dollars a year.

Unfortunately, the best option out there, TiVo, also charges $19.95/mo right now, at least for any new units available in stores.

However, if you can come up with a lifetime'd TiVo, that's your best bet for the money.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Talos4;57121OK, I realize this is an old thread, but being a TWC sub for only six months now I didn't really pay attention to the TWC threads.

This weekend I inquired at the Southridge store about adding an additional DVR to my account. I currently have One DVR and One HD STB.

I want to move the HD STB to my office and put the additional DVR in the Living room.

EIGHTEEN DOLLARS A MONTH FOR AN ADDITIONAL DVR?!?!?!?!?!?!?   :eek:    Really?

I walked out. Later I called. Same answer. I hung up.

I feel violated, ripped off, etc etc. That's outrageous {fart}

I wish I could go back to D*. :(

That is high.  The reason for this is because, you are paying $8.00 a month for the second box, plus $10 a month for recording capability.  Let's see if you can get some assistance in getting that fee down.  You should call TWC Customer Retentions at 1-866-892-0019.  This bypasses the regular level one CSR's and ask about a deal for a second DVR.  If you are not currently in a Price Lock Program, you might want to ask about other discounts as well.  Maybe this department could give you six months to a year at a discounted rate.

Just say, "I was told that a second DVR box would cost me an additional $18 a month.  I can't afford that rate, but would still like a second DVR."  Is there any way you can help me get a better price than that?"  I would hope you could get it down to $10 or better.  Good Luck!

Jack

Talos4

I could live with $8.00 month. Getting ripped off for the "recording ability" is bogus  and double dipping.

You either have a DVR or you don't. What difference does it make if it's one DVR or three.

They're not getting any more $$ from me.

I'm not playing let's make a temporary deal.

LoadStar

Quote from: Xizer;57126http://www.cetoncorp.com/products.php

That's great. Have they managed to work through their 6 month waiting list yet?

Xizer