News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

How do YOU get your HDTV?

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Oct 03, 2007, 08:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you receive your High Definition TV

Cable
2 (22.2%)
Satellite
2 (22.2%)
Over the Air
5 (55.6%)
U-Verse
0 (0%)
Streaming (Roku, Sling, etc)
4 (44.4%)
Another option, I'll comment below..
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Tom Snyder

We've been taking a survey since the site started, but the landscape is changing, and we'd like to get a better read on what's happening now...

So how do you get your HDTV..  You may make MULTIPLE Selections. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Bebop

You are forgetting the U-verse subscribers. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

gparris

Totals are going above 100%, so maybe there should be a OTA with Satellite as a separate line to check off, since it is necessary for most HD satellite subscribers to get at least all four national HD networks and five, if your count The CW network to use OTA.:wave:

Tom Snyder

Ack.. I can't believe I forgot U-Verse! It's now an option.

We know that the total will go over 100% because we're allowing the multiple choices.. but the main goal here is really to see the relative numbers of Cable vs Satellite. I've heard from a reliable source that Satellite only comprises 10% of the total TV using market here. But I was curious to see the ratio  among our little universe of techno-geeks. :) Thus our little unscientific poll.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

bradsmainsite

Unscientific, but relative non the less!

Great idea had always wondered that myself, and also how many over-the-air users along with the cable or sat to see how close the goverment might be with their 20 million over-the-air figures.

What this is showing me already is despite having cable or sat people are using over-the-air for some reason or another.

jkane

This is an HD forum, and the best way to get HD is OTA!  It is likely this forum will skew the numbers in favor of more OTA than not.  If it weren't for HD, I would not watch any OTA signals.  It would all be Satellite.

bradsmainsite

Quote from: jkane;41263This is an HD forum, and the best way to get HD is OTA!  It is likely this forum will skew the numbers in favor of more OTA than not.  If it weren't for HD, I would not watch any OTA signals.  It would all be Satellite.

What you say is true and is happening throughout the country, so one could say
the numbers would be skewed throughout the country then, and not just here in milwaukee.;)

Bebop

Only 75 forum members?

There is an even split between cable and Sat subscribers. I wonder Sat numbers will change with a new poll three months from now if TW doesn't keep up with the new HD offerings?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

gparris

I think that the poll is not in all member's minds yet and some are still reporting in.
-By anyone like us responding to this thread each day, more and more of them will see it and respond to it if they do what I do:
Hit the "New Posts" and see what comes up.:D

OTA is in part what satellite users do more often than not to get HD channel locals, so if the polls was separated as to what forum members do as "Over The Air Only" vs. "Satellite with OTA"), the "OTA only" figure would be different.
Milwaukee subs with Dishnetwork are not offered the option for HD locals at all and DirectvHD subs get only 3 of the 4-5 most other locations around the country get for HD locals, currently.

As for cable and sat being even in numbers, I think that if TWC doesn't start adding many more HD channels here in the next few months, the satellite count will be going way up and even U-Verse will show gains.;)

kjnorman

I messed up as I clicked on satellite because we have Directv.  But, I get my HD though over-the-air.

Can you take one off satellite and add one to OTA?

Scott Sippel

Was DTV and off-air until I moved to Whitewater at the begining of the year.  i've been on Charter since the move and just installed a squareshoorter over the weekend with excellent results.  we'll be moving back to Dish or DTV real soon.

Jayflap

OTA for me. The picture is just so much better.

J

LoadStar

Cable, unfortunately, because I'm in an apartment without a southern exposure, and they provide analog cable for free. If and when I move to a new apartment, I will for certain go to satellite.

wxndave

OTA is still the best HD since it isn't groomed by anyone.  TWC and the Sat providers groom the signal to use less bandwidth.  I would like to see the numbers between direct and dishnetwork.

Dave

bradsmainsite

Quote from: wxndave;41735OTA is still the best HD since it isn't groomed by anyone.  TWC and the Sat providers groom the signal to use less bandwidth.  I would like to see the numbers between direct and dishnetwork.

Dave

Would also like to see that especially with directs big rollout now.  Let the churning begin!