News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

"Forum Tools"

Started by markd, Wednesday Oct 25, 2006, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markd

Is it just me or does the "Forum Tools" not work in the HDTV Forums?  I like to go through a forum, looking at new posts and then use the "Forum Tools" in that forum to mark the forum as read.  For some reason, that pulldown doesn't work for me in only the HDTV Forums area.  It seems strange.  Is it just me???

-mark

markd

Thanks!  I don't want to miss out on reading an important and informative post because happened to get posted while I was in another forum but before I marked all forums read ;)

-mark

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: markd;35554Thanks!  I don't want to miss out on reading an important and informative post because happened to get posted while I was in another forum but before I marked all forums read ;)

-mark

Should be working now....I'm not sure what the prob was, but it's working on my test account.  At first I had to right click and open in another window, then I changed some parameters and it seems to open with a click now.

Let me know.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

markd

None of the pulldown type menus (i.e. not only 'Forum Tools' but also the 'Quick Links', etc) work for me in the 'Milwaukee HDTV Programming' forum.  That's the only forum though.  This is true with different browsers on different machines (both Mac and PC) so I'm guessing it isn't me.

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: markd;35923None of the pulldown type menus (i.e. not only 'Forum Tools' but also the 'Quick Links', etc) work for me in the 'Milwaukee HDTV Programming' forum.  That's the only forum though.  This is true with different browsers on different machines (both Mac and PC) so I'm guessing it isn't me.
I have no problem there, I tried 2 different machines and also tried IE as I'm usually logged in using FoxFire.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Tom Snyder

Not working for me...XP/Firefox 2.0
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

markd

Quote from: Tom Snyder;35932Not working for me...XP/Firefox 2.0

That's my desktop setup...It also does not work on my laptop (Mac PowerBook, Tiger/Safari).

-mark

edit: though I also had trouble before my FF 2.0 upgrade

Tom Snyder

We'll do the upgrade and see if that takes care of it...

The board will need to go down for a few while we do that.
Tom Snyder

Paul S.

I thought 'forum tools' was a quick link to Matt Heebner? :rofl:

Tom Snyder

Did the upgrade and the error persisted. Found an error, but we can't figure out what's causing it. We'll look at it again tomorrow...
Tom Snyder

Matt Heebner

Uh...that would just be 'tool'

:rock:

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Matt Heebner;36169Uh...that would just be 'tool'

:rock:
I'm pretty sure I now know what the problem is...I'll forward the solution to Tom.  I think I found it doing the upgrade to 3.6.4 on another board I run.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Tom Snyder

We figured it out.... should be working now. It does for me.
Tom Snyder

markd

It works fine now for me too.  The irony of this though is that I only recently found the "New Posts" link and have not gone into individual forums since that day so I no longer even have a need for the "Forum Tools".  :D

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: markd;36218It works fine now for me too.  The irony of this though is that I only recently found the "New Posts" link and have not gone into individual forums since that day so I no longer even have a need for the "Forum Tools".  :D

It took you almost 2 months to find the "New Posts" link????
I hope you can change channels faster or you are not a surfer.:rofl:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI