News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI DTV Off Air 1/10 & 1/11

Started by jwork, Friday Jan 11, 2008, 02:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwork

WITI is upgrading some equipment in the DTV transmitter signal path that required being off the air for a period of time.
WITI-DT is now back on the air.
I apogize for any inconvenience and for your patience while we make the complex digital transition in preparation for Feb 2009.

John Workman
VP Engineering

jjallou

Thanks for the information John, and welcome to the forum.

John L

Quote from: jwork;43753WITI is upgrading some equipment in the DTV transmitter signal path that required being off the air for a period of time.
WITI-DT is now back on the air.
I apogize for any inconvenience and for your patience while we make the complex digital transition in preparation for Feb 2009.

John Workman
VP Engineering

Hey John, Thanks for the info. I would appreciate you access this forum often.  I know some people will or may complain about WITI-6, but surely I am sure it will help in delivering a great DTV signal.  Like Jimbob of WVTV/WCGV he keeps us up to date on any changes to the DTV signal.  I hope you can do the same and keep us up to date at WITI-TV.  Lucky you guys are airing most Green Bay Packer games. That makes WITI-TV ch. 6 much more profitable and maybe a salary increase???  LOL!

-John L.

LoadStar

Agreed with John L. The more station reps we can get here, the better for all of us. I hope you'll stick around here and continue to keep us up to date with technical goings-on at WITI.

(I probably didn't help matters with the "asleep at the wheel" comment, which was flat wrong in retrospect, and I apologize. I will try and moderate my comments from now on.)

jwork

For all those that use this forum, I do plan to use this forum to inform DTV viewers of WITI-DT issues, changes and status.

DTV viewers can be of assistance to WITI as well when we make equipment or configuration changes, that if you are aware of changes are being made, will be able to feedback any problems or issues that may result.

With all the complex digital settings and various DTV receivers, it's quite possible for a simple change to affect any number of receivers but not our monitoring receiver. Feedback from viewers can assist WITI Engineers in determination of a problem and reduce time to resolve the issue.

Also, this week, we have tower riggers working on the tower which for safety reasons require shutdown of the DTV transmitter during the daylight hours. There isn't a schedule for this as it is based on what work is being performed near the DTV Antenna.

I expect that DTV Transmitter will require shutdown periodicly from 1/14 - 1/18.
DTV transmitter typically will be back on the air by dark each day.
John Workman
VP Engineering WITI

SRW1000

Quote from: jwork;43830For all those that use this forum, I do plan to use this forum to inform DTV viewers of WITI-DT issues, changes and status.

DTV viewers can be of assistance to WITI as well when we make equipment or configuration changes, that if you are aware of changes are being made, will be able to feedback any problems or issues that may result.
Very glad to have you aboard, John.  Forum members sincerely appreciate the input from all of the local TV stations (even is questions can get a little tough sometimes).

You'll find that a lot of us have been here for years, and are willing to try and help others whenever possible.

Thanks for the heads up on the outages, and we're looking forward to hearing from you in the future.

Are there any exciting developments you can tell us about?  Some syndicated HD programming or local HD broadcasts?

Scott

GBK

Welcome John we'll be here for any feedback you need.

Talos4

Welcome John,

Your input and information is greatly appreciated. :D