News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN has a new sub channel 12-2

Started by tbarney, Sunday Jul 27, 2014, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarney

My TiVo recently told me of new channels available in my area, including 12-2. It looks to be offline currently but the TiVo guide shows some movies in the next few days, mostly from the 1970's, which is a slight step up from the 1960's movies being played on the new 18-2 channel.

Jack 1000

What's the name of the new sub-channel?  The 70's are my favorite movie era!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

mrschimpf

Actually the schedule is a clone of what's on Movies!, so I'm thinking it's a data error and it's unlikely that Weigel would have Hearst take it. However there is a new network called 'Grit' starting around the time WISN-DT2's listings starts; it'll have mainly male-targeted films, while a sister network called 'Escape' will have romance and suspense films targeted at women. That might be what's intended but we shall see.

tbarney

Good catch mrschimpf, the schedule is a match for 49-3
As for Grit and Escape networks, I would think that both would launch in Milwaukee from the same owner. So... if it is Grit or Escape then maybe we'll see 12.3 launch soon so that both new networks go online at the same time.  I do like the idea of getting more channels but that will end up degrading the quality of 12-1 even further.

LoadStar

The subchannel is indeed "Movies!". I did a doubletake when I saw them roll an ad for it during the WISN News a couple of days ago.

SRW1000

Milwaukee HDTV
RIP
[/SIZE]

Sad to see this.  WISN was the last network broadcaster to resist the lure of multicasting.

The original promise of HDTV is but a memory now.

Scott

mrschimpf

Quote from: LoadStar;60023The subchannel is indeed "Movies!". I did a doubletake when I saw them roll an ad for it during the WISN News a couple of days ago.

Maybe Weigel will finally dust off the "MeToo" subchannel they've promised for the Milwaukee market since 2009 on 49.3 (More likely they're getting Escape or Grit themselves and needed the space). Surprised they would move to WISN but I'm assuming the hand-off on cable will be seamless and under the existing Hearst agreements since outside of Milwaukee, Hearst does alot of subchannel business with Weigel.

LoadStar

FWIW, Movies! moves to 12.2 on August 4.

tbarney

From Germantown I can't receive any of the 49-x channels unless the weather is just perfect, but every other channel seems to come in perfectly, so if Movies! Actually moves to 12-2 ill be able to watch it, but I'm not into the 1950's movies. Oh well...

tbarney

Well, Movies! has started on 12-2, so what did 49-3 switch to you ask...?  Nothing new yet, it is showing 'this' which was already on 58-3