News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WDJT 46DT reception

Started by wysiwyg, Monday Jan 17, 2005, 09:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wysiwyg

I've had an HDTV since October 2001 and have never had trouble getting a strong reception of 46DT until late September of 2004. I checked this site back then and according to a thread there was an equipment failure, knocking the OTA signal off the air. Well...I have yet to get the reception back. No signal whatsoever. I've checked back here and with the station and they claim everything is working normally. Did they change anything after the equipment failure last year that would cause a total loss of reception in SW Waukesha County?

FWIW, I have an attenna with rotor mounted on the roof and can get all of the other local DTV signals except for Channel 6's, which I have never been able to get. TIA

smack

Where are you in waukesha?  I am over by West HS and started losing signal strength on CBS it as soon as the weather started getting cold.

People have told me it shouldn't matter but when it got to like 40 degrees a week or so ago I got the signal again.  Now it turned colder and it is gone???

I do however get FOX OTA with an attic mounted antenna, so I would think you could get that with yours on a rotor outside.

But Fox & CBS are running at low power and I believe they have to turn up the power sometime in spring.  I am not sure how much though.

smack

wysiwyg

I live about 5 miles west of you, 2 miles north of North Prairie. The problem with no reception started well before the cold weather set in, so I doubt it is a factor.  WDJT must have cut back their signal to only reach the city of Waukesha when they repaired the equipment last fall, which would explain why you can get it sometimes and I can never get it. You must also be at the western extent of the Fox 6 DTV signal. No matter which way I point the antenna, there is not the slightest hint of a signal of either station. What doubly sucks is I cannot get reception of any of the madison stations either!  :mad: