News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Retro Television Network coming to 6.2

Started by wysiwyg, Sunday Jul 19, 2009, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wysiwyg

Edit: RTN  IS coming to Channel 6. It was posted on their Facebook page on Friday (Scroll to the middle of the page):

Retro Television Network Tatiana Ballion correctly guessed the next city that will launch RTV. RTV will launch next week on WITI in Milwaukie ! Forgot to mention Tatiana won a DVD box set !Fri at 7:08am

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Retro-Television-Network/94253503953?ref=nf

Jack 1000

I heard or read on this forum or AVS that TWC can't get RTN here in Metro-Milwaukee because of ME-TV's rights to some of the programing.  Is this still true?  Do you think this will change?  I only have 1 HD TV, it is AWESOME!  And I would love RTN to come to TWC-Milwaukee.  TWC has RTN in Northern Wisconsin, they should get it throughout Wisconsin if they can.

What do you think?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

wysiwyg

I don't have cable, so I don't know how that's going to work, but RTN does customize its lineup in some markets, and they have a lot of programming available that METV doesn't air.

InsulinJunkie

An additional SD subchannel shouldn't really do anything to the main HD channel, either, due to the splicer setup Fox uses w/ its affiliates.  Bandwidth was just sitting there unused.

AA9VI

Brilliant!  Looking forward to it. Does this conflict with MeTV programming in any way?

wysiwyg

WITI has been added to RTV's list of affiliates, but with the caveat "coming soon":
http://www.myretrotv.com/affiliates.html#

I hope that because they can customize their programming for local markets, they will only show programs not already on ME TV

Cheese!

As much as i would love it to work out, i think RTN is gonna have a hell of a time competing against WBME, I watch RTN on 27-2 out of Madison and the 2 schedules are quite similar, and since Me-TV is already established in the Milwaukee Market i think RTN may go unnoticed.

wysiwyg

LucasD

Quote from: wysiwyg;52866RTV is now airing on 6.2!

Yes it is and I think we have a new winner for the most annoying station bug thus far.  Man this crap has to stop.   Clearly the purveyors of these bugs do not watch their own programming.

:bang:

John L

So far today on channel 6-2 I saw "Adam 12" at 5:00pm, "Dragnet" at 5:30pm.  "Jack Benny Show" at 6:00pm, "Peter Gunn" at 6:30pm and "Marcus Welby M.D. at 7:00pm.

-John L.

mrschimpf

Quote from: LucasD;52868Yes it is and I think we have a new winner for the most annoying station bug thus far.  Man this crap has to stop.   Clearly the purveyors of these bugs do not watch their own programming.

:bang:

We can blame the network on that one...everyone has hated the permanent RTV bug since it was added on 6/12. It's way too bright.

And the schedule was definitely different from WBAY's version by miles. At 12:30am they carried "Night Gallery", a show Me TV has, while WITI had "Daniel Boone".

I'm just curious about how Fox 6 is going to eventually brand it when they get it all up and running promo-wise. They cant just call it "RTV-6" because the ABC affiliate in Indianapolis is...WRTV.

Which is on Channel 6. And brands as "RTV-6". Obviously there wouldn't be confusion here with an Indy station, but McGraw Hill down there would not like it.

Jack 1000

Everyone should request that TWC add this.  I love stations that show old shows like this!  Always liked ME-TV and I believe that Retro TV would be a great compliment!  The kind of shows that RTN is showing, are the kind of shows TV Land USED to show over 10 years ago.  Believe it or not, when TV Land first came out in 1996 for about a year they had UNCUT classic TV shows and the only commercials they had were "Retromercials."  I am a HUGE nostalgia TV addict and would LOVE RTN to come to TWC-Milwaukee!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ddeerrff

I've been waiting for someone to start reshowing:
The Whirlybirds
Ripcord
The Everglades
Sea Hunt

Steve Mann

Sea Hunt would be GREAT. I LOVED that show as a kid and don't think I've ever seen it repeated over the years. I'd probably be disappointed seeing now through adult eyes, but I'd still like to check it out. Go Loyd Bridges!  :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

wysiwyg

RTV takes suggestions for programming on their Facebook page (see first post for link).