News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Please Investigate Intermittent Loss of Picture on Channels 19, 1005, and 1012

Started by Jack 1000, Sunday Dec 19, 2010, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

I know TWC techs read this board,

Please monitor picture quality on HD channels 1005 and 1012. (Local stations, channel's 12 and 58.) Several neighbors,  friends, and our family, will from time to time get a black screen on these channels.  The problem is very intermittent, but seems to happen most often on weekends and during the overnight-early morning hours between approximately 2-6 am.

The SD versions of these channels on 6 and 12 are not affected.

The signal will than come back, and than 2 weeks later go out again, and it always seems to be at the times indicated above.  I have learned that these stations' frequencies are very close together.  Today, both of them were out at the same time.

I am in the Metro-Milwaukee (Brookfield) area.  Please check these channels regularly to address the issues.  It has been like this for several months.  My older box did this too, so it has to be something on your end.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

budda

Have a friend who has noticed that any time peak viewing on a local channel. (too many viewers). TW's system can't handle the load. you get freezing or black screen, or massive pixeling. Use an antenna and you will be whole again. Guess you don't need to know how I feel about TW.:rolleyes:

Xizer

Speaking of Time Warner, not only are they failing at TV, their Internet connections are overloaded as well.

I've been getting less than 5 Mbps all day. I'm paying for 15 Mbps.

This problem has been going on for weeks. During peak time my connection speed goes to ****.

AT&T U-verse, here I come...

Talos4

Please Wait....

Happens all the time. Not restricted to 2A to 6A.

This channel not available..... Try Again.....

Jack 1000

Please note that channels 1005 and 1012 are back on.  Now, can the techs keep them that way?

As an update, PBS-Channel 10 in HD on TWC 1010 is out today.

Sometimes WPXE-HD Channel 1015 will go out or pixiate.  This station seems OK today.

The most unpredictable stations are HD channel 1005 and 1012.  I will try to post probably in the next week or so when they go out again, or when they go out again (and they probably will.)

TWC really should put a 60-90 day watch on the above stations, especially HD channels 1005 and 1012.

Thanks.

Jack

Jack 1000

Having pixiation problems again on channels 1005 and 1012.  1005 was out last night.  Tried to record $%!! My Dad Says, and the Recording Log showed "Channel not Available (3)"  I always get this error when the channels are pixiated like that.  Once again, it is ONLY the HD stations of channel 1005 and 1012 that are affected,

TWC should set up indefinite monitoring of those channels.  Their frequencies are so close together, that when one goes out, the other does too, or most of the time, soon follows.

Jack

LoadStar

No issues here with either channel. I was watching and recording Big Bang Theory, while also recording Winter Wipeout. I had absolutely no picture issues at all. Must be a node issue.

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar;56842No issues here with either channel. I was watching and recording Big Bang Theory, while also recording Winter Wipeout. I had absolutely no picture issues at all. Must be a node issue.

It's always one of those comes and go's things.  To TWC's credit, they seem to fix it pretty quick.  I can't watch TV now, but will presume it to be fine.

Jack

PS.  Loadstar, I did not know that you are still with TWC.  I thought you had switched to Dish.

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;56843It's always one of those comes and go's things.  To TWC's credit, they seem to fix it pretty quick.  I can't watch TV now, but will presume it to be fine.

Jack

PS.  Loadstar, I did not know that you are still with TWC.  I thought you had switched to Dish.

Nope... can't, for three reasons: in an apartment without a southern exposure, can't use TiVo with Dish, and my apartment complex provides free analog cable.

Jack 1000

Channels 1005, 1010, and 1012, out again last night.  They were out for a solid two days!  All other stations perfect.  It keeps coming and going.  Box swaps in the past made no difference and signal strength was good.  This every few months to every other week loss of picture has been going on for the past 4-6 months!

Could someone please contact these stations' level 3 engineering department and also TWC's level 3 engineering department to notify them of these issues that keep coming and going and coming and going on TWC HD channels 1005, 1010, and 1012?

My questions for the techs:

1.) What is it that keeps breaking every month to every other week?

2.) What is it that they do to resolve the issue, only to have it reoccur in monthly to bi-monthly intervals?

3.) Is this a TWC problem with HD with the frequencies close together, or is OTA effected as well?

4.) What are station managers and TWC doing to help stop this from happening again?

(I am not near my TV now, so cannot check this out, but the problem stated, and only on these stations two days ago.)  I am in Brookfield.

Jack

ddeerrff

Got to be something fairly local to you Jack.  We have had no problem with 1005, 1010, or 1012, and we are also in Brookfield - couple blocks east of BCHS just off Gebhardt.

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;56879Got to be something fairly local to you Jack.  We have had no problem with 1005, 1010, or 1012, and we are also in Brookfield - couple blocks east of BCHS just off Gebhardt.

Yea,

In keeping with those HD channels on again off again custom, they are back on again today, with no evidence of issue.  I'll give it 1-4 weeks before the pattern repeats again.  It has to be something in my node.  The shortest OK range is about a week, the longest is about 4 months.  

And of course, you can't call Customer Service, because those poor phone reps just say "Reboot the box"  "We'll send someone out."  Someone comes out, that someone swaps the box and two weeks later, the issue appears again.

What does it take to bypass Customer Service?  Box swaps that do nothing to solve this type of issue, to get some level 3 tech guys out to fix problems in the node?  Maybe someone will read this who can do something, and get those channels to stay on.  But I am sure, I will be posting again in this thread about the same old problem with these channels in 1-4 weeks.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;56882Yea,

In keeping with those HD channels on again off again custom, they are back on again today, with no evidence of issue.  I'll give it 1-4 weeks before the pattern repeats again.  It has to be something in my node.  The shortest OK range is about a week, the longest is about 4 months.  

And of course, you can't call Customer Service, because those poor phone reps just say "Reboot the box"  "We'll send someone out."  Someone comes out, that someone swaps the box and two weeks later, the issue appears again.

What does it take to bypass Customer Service?  Box swaps that do nothing to solve this type of issue, to get some level 3 tech guys out to fix problems in the node?  Maybe someone will read this who can do something, and get those channels to stay on.  But I am sure, I will be posting again in this thread about the same old problem with these channels in 1-4 weeks.

Jack

Well,

Here we are again.  No picture on channels 1005, 1010, and 1012, exactly one week later, after they keep "fixing it."  In keeping with tradition, all SD channels are fine, and all other HD channels are perfect.  

But this time, I Canceled the HD recording of %$! My Dad Says, and rescheduled the series for SD channel 5, recording New Episodes on that channel from now on.

Like I said, my previous box did this too, but this time, I shouldn't miss any more programing.  I'd rather have reliable recordings even in SD content, rather than unreliable recordings of HD content.  And the above is the ONLY time that my box has missed any shows.

Jack

Jack 1000

Turned off power to everything.  Unplugged the box for about 5 minutes (outlet going to surge protector) and back box plug too.  Everything came back on reboot!  Hopefully it lasts this time.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;56911Turned off power to everything.  Unplugged the box for about 5 minutes (outlet going to surge protector) and back box plug too.  Everything came back on reboot!  Hopefully it lasts this time.

Jack

Spoke too soon!  Pixiation on both channels tonight 1005, and 1012.  Don't want to call because the CSR dolts will just want to do a box swap and they will probably send someone out that will typically find nothing wrong.  (Signals were very good at last service call about three months ago on same issue with different box, and 1052, Fox News-HD, which has since been resolved.)

I am located in Brookfield, about three blocks West of Calhoun Road and about a block and a half North of Greenfield Avenue.  In the Greenfield Heights sub-division.

It is something in the node for sure. I will be recording all of channel 6 and 12 content on the SD channels from now on.  I would recommend very frequent and watchful monitoring of this sub-division for the HD stations in the range of 1005-1016 on the TWC Milwaukee Metro system for this node

Jack