News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Navigator/Box Updates

Started by Jack 1000, Tuesday Aug 03, 2010, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeerrff

Looks like MKE is getting the new Navigator next Tuesday night.

PONIES

Interesting that Time Warner is continuing to roll out this law violating update to their subscribers.

From what I hear from customers in the first markets it's been rolled out in, it breaks the Firewire output on the Samsung boxes.

This is in violation of FCC regulation, specifically CS Docket 97-80 section 47 C.F.R. 76.640(b)(4).

I guess we'll know whether Time Warner's illegal update has this issue corrected on Tuesday. And I'll get to know whether or not I get to file an FCC complaint against Time Warner! :wave:

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;58580Looks like MKE is getting the new Navigator next Tuesday night.

They are rolling out the guide pretty fast.  I just asked about it at the Untangled blog.  Do you have a source for this info?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ddeerrff

An email from TCW:

QuoteEnjoy TV better with our new Guide.    View Web Version      Time Warner Cable
A Better Guide is coming your way. | Get ready to enjoy TV better beginning on June 27th.
     At Time Warner Cable, we're always looking for ways to make your TV experience better. You asked for an upgraded Guide, so we are delivering our most user-friendly Guide yet, with more intuitive search and navigation than ever. Now your A button lets you easily find the channels you love by category, and your B button lets you search the Guide by title.

Stay tuned for even more updates to help you enjoy TV better.
   ENJOY searching finding discovering surfing watching tv BETTER
Learn more

TWC.com |  Pay My Bill |  MyServices  |  Privacy Policy |  Contact us

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;58586An email from TCW:

Thanks!

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: ddeerrff;58580Looks like MKE is getting the new Navigator next Tuesday night.

No e-mail, phone call, or even a website notice yet. Ddeeriff, what city are you in?  I hope they don't just put the new guide on the boxes without some sort of advanced notice!

I will plan to call TWC late Monday Night to see if there is a message on their Voicemail about the new guide.  (If I don't hear or read anything about the update between later today and tomorrow evening.)  Heads ups are important, because it is helpful NOT to be recording or watching programs when the update happens.  (Usually roll-outs are between 2-6 AM and with at least two reboots and may last between 20-40 minutes.)

Very likely that the upgrade WILL hit very soon, so just to be on the safe side, start watching your DVR shows and clear off what you don't need.  Shows and series SHOULD carry over, but this is just in case.

Jack

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;58595No e-mail, phone call, or even a website notice yet. Ddeeriff, what city are you in?  I hope they don't just put the new guide on the boxes without some sort of advanced notice!
I got the email (on two different email accounts) on the 21st. I've attached a PDF of the email.

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar;58596I got the email (on two different email accounts) on the 21st. I've attached a PDF of the email.

Whoops... hang on, need to redact my email address.... stand by, will be reposted shortly.

Thanks Loadstar!

Jack

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;58595No e-mail, phone call, or even a website notice yet. Ddeeriff, what city are you in?  I hope they don't just put the new guide on the boxes without some sort of advanced notice!

They sent me an email about the new guide on Thursday.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;58598They sent me an email about the new guide on Thursday.

I wonder why I didn't get anything?  I checked my My Services Account, e-mail is correct.  Checked that e-mail account, checked the Spam box.  Have received nothing.  But I am going to assume that next week will be the time.

Jack

ddeerrff

Quote from: Jack 1000;58595Ddeerff, what city are you in?
Brookfield.

grenier

Quote from: Jack 1000;58599I wonder why I didn't get anything?  I checked my My Services Account, e-mail is correct.  Checked that e-mail account, checked the Spam box.  Have received nothing.  But I am going to assume that next week will be the time.

Jack

I can forward the email to you if you'd like.
Cisco 8640HDC

Jack 1000

Quote from: grenier;58601I can forward the email to you if you'd like.

Thanks!

Loadstar sent me a copy already.  All the people with notices are in or near my area.  I did contact TWC to verify my current e-mail account that they have on file.  Only one person I know in Oak Creek got one of those automated call things that said the new guide was going to be installed Tuesday night. (Into Wednesday morning.)  I would have thought that my older box, an SA-8300HDC might not be updated yet.  But from what I know from other divisions. all the boxes. (C models SA, Cisco's and Samsungs) to the older models (No C-SA boxes, any Pioneers in circulation) are getting the update at the same time.  At least, that is what other divisions have been doing.

Jack

kevbeck122

I didn't get an email, but got an automated call.  Just got installed last week - Cisco 8742HDC.  So is this update basically just a color change of the guide?