News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Projection TV repair

Started by Arge, Friday Jan 20, 2006, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arge

I'm having a problem with my Sony KP53HS10 projection TV.  It appears I'm having a problem with the primary tuner.  The second tuner works great in P&P and PIP mode but the prime is very fuzzy.  Does anyone have any recommendations on a reputable place that can come out and repair a big screen or will come and pick it up?
I've called around when it was getting fussy last year and a lot of the places want me to bring it in.  That's not an option on a 53" for me.  Any experience good or bad would be welcome.
Thanks folks.
Arge.

jimbop99

I have a 50" Mitsubishi TV that the picture went out. I called  Associated Electronics to come take a look. The repair man couldn't fix it here so he said he needed to take it in. I told him I didn't want to spend over X amount of money since the TV was eight years old. He agreed to fix the TV for that amount and they came to pick it up. It took them around three to four weeks to fix the set. When I plugged it in it turns on, but now I've got a green shadow on everything and the picture just seems blurry. I called them up and told them I wasn't happy. They sent the tech back to my house and he thinks the green projector is bad. I told him that it wasn't bad before it went to his shop and that I wouldn't pay for it to be repaired since they obviously are the ones who broke it. Long story short. I never heard from them again. Sorry I couldn't give a recommendation.

bubbaridesfast

I have used and have 2 friends that have used Community Electronics((262) 679-2909) in Muskego. Theu have been very good. One friend lives in Brookfield and they went to his house to fix his RPT. Did some diagnostics on site and then pulled the unit apart and took the chassis into their shop. None of us had to wait more than a few days for repairs.