News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Question for a Direct TV installer.

Started by budda, Sunday Nov 03, 2013, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budda

Are there any HR44 in the waukesha area. yet . Thanks. Or does anybody on the site have one not the HR34. The HR44 Thanks

JKO

Quote from: budda;59734Are there any HR44 in the waukesha area. yet . Thanks. Or does anybody on the site have one not the HR34. The HR44 Thanks

Budda, have you found your answer yet?  I live in Franklin and have an appointment for a genie upgrade next week, and am hoping for the HR-44.  I have not come across anyone who can tell me which version is being provided in the area.  I am assuming Waukesha and Franklin are served by the same installation company.

budda

I drive all day I am a service tech for a company that is all over. After I started looking into this I stopped by a few installers and picked there brain.One of the guys showed me the back of his truck had like 16 HR44's said that's all he carry's now. In my instance I have asked for a Gene another DVR plus two clients. My daughter uses way to many tuners. that would give my 7 total. So I am going with a HR44 and a HR24. The unknown is some of the installers can setup wireless to the clients which is very cool. If you already have coax to the rooms it really does not matter. I was told when the installer calls to say he is on the way ask him if he has a HR44 on the truck if he says no , reschedule. I had a install setup bad experience. Guy looked for every way not to make it work. I have it rescheduled for the 14th. Advace would be set it up for the 8 to 12. if it's late it could cause problems. My guy was 12 to 4 and he got there at 3:15 was gone by 5. all he did was make hole in my roof and was unable to find a line of site. My option is he bailed. Too late in the day. Good luck.