News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TW Samsung box no sound

Started by budda, Sunday Aug 19, 2012, 10:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budda

Have a friend has a Samsung HD box no DVR. 50 inch plasma HD tv. Worked last night, this morning no sound. Connected thru HDMI. Have him doing a hard reset now unplug for 30 min. I think his box may have failed. Is this common? Sorry I have Satellite not familiar with cables equipment issues. Can't stop by him he's too far, he called TW, the service rep from India was no help. Thanks

Jack 1000

Quote from: budda;58826Have a friend has a Samsung HD box no DVR. 50 inch plasma HD tv. Worked last night, this morning no sound. Connected thru HDMI. Have him doing a hard reset now unplug for 30 min. I think his box may have failed. Is this common? Sorry I have Satellite not familiar with cables equipment issues. Can't stop by him he's too far, he called TW, the service rep from India was no help. Thanks

It is likely the box, but if you can call him, and he has other equipment, have him play a DVD if he has a DVD player connected to the TV.  Or just output directly to the TV.  If sound is fine in this case, it's the box probably about 75% sure.  25% could be a bad cable connection.  Service calls for TWC are free for all of their equipment related issues.  I'd set up a service call.  Ask tech to check signal issues as well when setting up the appointment.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

brewtownska

Make sure he also tries all the on/off combinations.  I've seen some equipment only work when the TV was on first, then the cable box...or the opposite way.  Something to do with the HDMI handshake.  That's usually older equipment, but still a good idea to verify it doesn't make a difference.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

budda

Before I posted I had him, try other HDMI inputs on tv. also had him turn on his dvd player and that worked. He is going to try and swap box and see what happens.

cdnelson

Do his other devices that DID have sound use HDMI?  If not it could still be the TV.  

My father's Vizio flakes out now and again (usually after some sort of power fluctuation).  To get the cable & HDMI working again we have to do a hard reset of the TV.

Can he try the cable box via component or even co-ax?