News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Email Milwaukee CBS 58 - Complain about no HD!

Started by 2extreme, Wednesday Apr 16, 2008, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2extreme

Angry Milwaukee Local HD subscribers!

We are unable to get CBS 58 HD via Dish Network. I do believe it is CBS 58's fault that Dish isn't broadcasting them in HD. I say lets email them at feedback@cbs58.com with our complaints and concerns about this and make them allow Dish to broadcast them in HD. While you're at it CC it to their programming dept at dpalecek@cbs58.com . I mean why not? They allow them to broadcast the SD so why not HD?

Make our voice as a whole heard!

Here is a copy of the email I sent, both to feedback and CC'd to programming (both emails listed above):

Hello and to whom it may concern.

I am a Dish Network subscriber, yes I subscribe to Dish Network. I receive your channel (CBS 58) via satellite as I am unable to obtain it OTA. I enjoy your programming but am disappointed as to a recent change. The Milwaukee Locals just became available in HD via Dish Network and I was excited to hear of this addition. I learned they would be providing CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX (BIG 4) in HD in all the local markets including Milwaukee. Well to my disappointment and I am sure many others, your channel is not broadcast in HD via satellite. I do believe this is a decision on your end as ABC, NBC and FOX are all in HD via satellite and CBS is in HD in several other markets.

As I said I was excited to hear and see the launch of HD locals in the Milwaukee market area but extremely disappointed I am not getting CBS 58 in this HD format. Please allow Dish Network to rebroadcast your channel in HD. If not, I have a feeling I and the rest of my family will be viewing more NBC, ABC and FOX as they are in HD format and I’d really like to continue watching programs on your channel but the non-HD format is poor in quality. (Once one sees programs in HD one gets hooked).

Thank you and please take this into immediate consideration.

(Name withheld)

tbarney

I feel the same. Email has been sent. I just don't think it will do any good.  I'm thankful that I can get it OTA and that the Dish DVR has a built in OTA receiver.

2extreme

Quote from: tbarney;45885I feel the same. Email has been sent. I just don't think it will do any good.  I'm thankful that I can get it OTA and that the Dish DVR has a built in OTA receiver.

Ya you're right it prob won't do any good but hell, maybe it will if they receive enough complaints! Keep emailing them everyone!

I prob could get them OTA but why should I have to spend the extra cash to get a LARGE OTA antenna when I SHOULD be able to get it now via Dish!

Tom Snyder

If you live so far away from the 58 tower that you'd need a LARGE antenna, you'd probably qualify for a waiver to get the national CBS HD.

But, if you're within 20-25 miles, a small antenna like a Silver Sensor or a Radio Shack indoor Double Bowtie would easily do the trick. I'm 20 miles out and it's been working fine for me...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

russellj

That's not always true. I used to live in Waukesha in a low area. The Bow tie and Silver sensor were useless to me. So being closer doesn't always mean you can get it. I live in sheboygan now and have a large amplified OTA antenna and it doesn't always work. It seems to depend on the weather conditions. Channel 58 told me that I was considered to be in their viewing area and would not qualify for a waiver. I really think that they don't care if anyone that doesn't get cable can watch their channel or not.

tunce

Good luck it's been over a year with no 58HD on Directv.

I have emailed them and wrote them many times to no avail.

jeaves79

Quote from: Tom Snyder;45895If you live so far away from the 58 tower that you'd need a LARGE antenna, you'd probably qualify for a waiver to get the national CBS HD.

But, if you're within 20-25 miles, a small antenna like a Silver Sensor or a Radio Shack indoor Double Bowtie would easily do the trick. I'm 20 miles out and it's been working fine for me...

Does not matter how far away you are, I am about 40 miles south of Milwaukee and I get a denial on my waiver.  Jim Hall has not a care in the world about the viewers of CBS 58.  

What I do find curious is how some folks on these forums have had their waivers granted but everyone else cannot.

vegasvic

I've emailed Dale a couple of times and received the same canned response back from a secretary.  They've always been a minor league operation.

2extreme

I used to get a national New York CBS HD Channel over a year and a half ago via a waiver and did receive it for quite some time. Dish had some law suit or something like that which required them to stop allowing national HD via waivers. Not sure what it was exactly but that really ****ed me off then and now Channel 58 not allowing the rebroadcast really upsets me...

vegasvic

58 just blames DirecTV and DirecTV blames 58. Considering that DTV has had no problems with any of the other stations and that this same issued happened when SD locals were first on DTV I think we know where the problem lies.

2extreme

Quote from: vegasvic;4591858 just blames DirecTV and DirecTV blames 58. Considering that DTV has had no problems with any of the other stations and that this same issued happened when SD locals were first on DTV I think we know where the problem lies.

Yes DTV has its issues too but I have Dish Network...Same damn problems!

flash

Quote from: russellj;45896That's not always true. I used to live in Waukesha in a low area. The Bow tie and Silver sensor were useless to me. So being closer doesn't always mean you can get it. I live in sheboygan now and have a large amplified OTA antenna and it doesn't always work. It seems to depend on the weather conditions. Channel 58 told me that I was considered to be in their viewing area and would not qualify for a waiver. I really think that they don't care if anyone that doesn't get cable can watch their channel or not.

I have to agree with russellj. I tried the bow tie and even put a large antenna in my attic, but since I'm in a lower area of Muskego reception on some channel is horrible.
I know that if I mounted the antenna "on" the roof, it would be better but.......esthetically that isn't gonna happen considering the WAF.

Lethdorr

Has anyone ever read Tim Cuprisin's columns in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel? It seems that every time this issue is brought up, Cuprisin gets defensive, and when people curse Weigel Broadcasting, Cuprisin defends them and says that they're just "tough negotiators." He even gets nasty when people complain, telling them to go back to Time Warner..... :rolleyes:

jkane

Channel 58?  There is a channel 58?  Hmmmm.  Never heard of them.  What kind of programming do they have?

:pyth   {cheers}

brewguru

2extreme: Prepare to be ignored. Channel 58 doesn't care about the viewers in Milwaukee.

It's a minor league operation.