News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TW QAM in-the-clear channel mapping

Started by ArgMeMatey, Wednesday Dec 03, 2008, 10:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArgMeMatey

I re-scanned this afternoon and found that Time Warner is now showing the correct channel mapping for 4.1, 4.2, 6.1, 10.1, 12.1, 18.1, 24.1, 36.1-36.8, 58.1, 58.2, 58.3.  Missing are 55.1, 55.2, 55.3 and 49.1.  

I have the non-digital cheap TW package, supposedly analog channels 2-24 plus 99.  I have no set top boxes.  

Just wondering if this has been consistent for a while or if they're just messing with me.  :)

basshive

My samsung shows the proper mappings, my sony shows totally different mappings. I will rescan on my sony and see if it updates.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

kevbeck122

I believe they've been like that for a little over a month.  There was another post here awhile back where someone noticed the same thing.  Some of the old mappings had a message saying that you needed to rescan, otherwise you would no longer get the channel.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: kevbeck122;49434I believe they've been like that for a little over a month.  There was another post here awhile back where someone noticed the same thing.  Some of the old mappings had a message saying that you needed to rescan, otherwise you would no longer get the channel.

Yeah, I thought I remembered something like that too but couldn't find it last night. I think it was this one over in the Milwaukee technical forum:
http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8208

I was doing this on my Panasonic DVD recorder tuner, which is pretty darn slow.