News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Email Milwaukee CBS 58 - Complain about no HD!

Started by 2extreme, Wednesday Apr 16, 2008, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellj

I sent this email to channel 58

"Hi

Just thought that I would let you know that since you will not allow your HD signal to be carried by Dish Network or DirecTV (I have Dish Network), that I have turned my OTA antenna towards Green Bay and will be watching CBS from channel 5 there from now on. You are the only CBS station in the state that will not allow its digital signal to be carried by satellite. Since I can get all my local news, weather and sports from other local Milwaukee stations on their Digital signal over satellite I see no reason to watch your station anymore. As I stated in previous emails to you, I live in Sheboygan and am far enough away from Milwaukee that weather conditions drastically affect the quality of your digital signal here OTA. So if I am going to have a problem with reception it will be with CBS channel 5 from Green Bay instead of Channel 58 from Milwaukee. At least this way my reception problems will be by choice and not because I am forced to use OTA by a stubborn station. When you finally decide to let your digital signal be carried by satellite I will return as a viewer. Until then you have lost me to the Green Bay station."

I am sure that it will be ignored because I think a lot of people here are right. Channel 58 doesn't care if you watch them or not.

vegasvic

Yeah Cuprisin defends TWC big time because they are "local" (I'm sure free cable doesn't hurt either) and because they have more customers.  I would expect the JS food critic to review fast food places then since they have more customers.

The "tough negotiator" line of thought is hilarious.

UncleMeat

So when Packers games are on 58 and they aren't on the national network... what do you do to see the games in HD?  OTA the only way?  Or does it always work out where it's on one of the national channels?

tbarney

Quote from: UncleMeat;45964So when Packers games are on 58 and they aren't on the national network... what do you do to see the games in HD?  OTA the only way?  Or does it always work out where it's on one of the national channels?

Time Warner or OTA are probably your only choices. If CBS 58 in Milwaukee wants to play hardball, that's fine. I'll point my antenna in a different direction and see if I can get OTA locals from Madison, GB, or Chicago. My antenna is up pretty high so hopefully one of them will come in.

vegasvic

Quote from: UncleMeat;45964So when Packers games are on 58 and they aren't on the national network... what do you do to see the games in HD?  OTA the only way?  Or does it always work out where it's on one of the national channels?

If you have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket you can watch it on the Sunday Ticket HD channel.