News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New Dish HD Channels

Started by Army82ndAB, Wednesday Aug 15, 2007, 12:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army82ndAB

Just powered up my VIP 622 and found the following new additions this morning:

MHD
TLC
Animal Planet
Discovery Simulcast
Science Network

Not bad :) It's always a great thing to turn on the TV and find not one but 5 new HD channels!!!

gparris

Maybe its the subscription you have with Dish, but weren't  you supposed to get Golf/Versus HD,
(9468), too (making it SIX HD channels added)?:confused:

I know the SEVENTH HD channel to be added from Dishnetwork "History Channel HD" is coming in September, but what happened to your SIXTH?

steve053

Very nice.

I'm looking forward to D*'s light-up of new HD channels in the next couple of weeks.

gparris

Whatever HD is added, its always a welcome thing - from either sat provider.;)

Competively-speaking with non-satellite providers, I don't really think the local major cable provider, TWC,  is too worried about either Dish or Directv current and future HD channel additions, otherwise we would have got more HD channels added by now.:(

Notice ANY HD channel additions in this notice?

http://www.timewarnercable.com/milwaukee/programming/legal_notices2.html

Of course not!

Blitzburgh

Quote from: gparris;40403Whatever HD is added, its always a welcome thing - from either sat provider.;)

Competively-speaking with non-satellite providers, I don't really think the local major cable provider, TWC,  is too worried about either Dish or Directv current and future HD channel additions, otherwise we would have got more HD channels added by now.:(

Notice ANY HD channel additions in this notice?

http://www.timewarnercable.com/milwaukee/programming/legal_notices2.html

Of course not!

Too funny. I do feel sorry for you tho.

Why not go satellite? Either Dish or DirecTV will give you a better lineup and room for potential growth.

Remember cable has bandwidth limitations and with satellite....The sky is the limit :rock:

gparris

Maybe so, but TWC likes to hide its additions, not broadcast them, too.

If any of these analogue channels are deleted and changed to digital-only, there is a sign bandwidth is being reassigned for HD channels.

I have read that 1 analogue channel can be allocated to two, maybe three, HD channels, depending on rate shaping without quality losses.

To get the amount of HD channels that Directv is getting soon, TWC would have to either move to a 1 Ghz or better system or eliminate over 30 analogue channels to digital to make room for HD channels, something I know only Staten Island, NYC has done: But they have not had many HD channel additions, yet.:rolleyes:

In any event, the turning point for me if by the end of this year, if Directv has really added all those HD channels (with good picture, no HD-Lite), TWC has its crappy Navigator messing up my HD DVRs and....I get CBS58HD from Directv, I will switch to them out of TWC once and for all.

But until then...no.:blush:

Army82ndAB

Yeah I have that too!! I just woke up and missed it, that's my only excuse, lol... So, History HD too in September?? Nice!

AndrewP

Quote from: Army82ndAB;40399Just powered up my VIP 622 and found the following new additions this morning:

MHD
TLC
Animal Planet
Discovery Simulcast
Science Network

Not bad :) It's always a great thing to turn on the TV and find not one but 5 new HD channels!!!

And you forgot Vs/Golf HD and Comcast Sports Net HD Chicago, which is available in Racine, Kenosha and even here, in Muskego.
BTW watched Brewers game on Fox Sports Net HD yeasterday for the first time since rotated Dish fo pickup that channel. It is MPEG4 HD and the PQ was awesome.:)  Not the Brewers.:(

Army82ndAB

I've watched a few Brewers games on FSN HD since Dish added that, and it was a very good image...

gb4fan92

Quote from: gparris;40408In any event, the turning point for me if by the end of this year, if Directv has really added all those HD channels (with good picture, no HD-Lite), TWC has its crappy Navigator messing up my HD DVRs and....I get CBS58HD from Directv, I will switch to them out of TWC once and for all.

Great minds think alike. I was thinking along the same time frame.

vegasvic

Ihave DTV but it's still great news.  HD rocks.

Army82ndAB

Vegas Vic aka MD, lol... It's Battier31 here

vegasvic

Quote from: Army82ndAB;40421Vegas Vic aka MD, lol... It's Battier31 here

No, it's MD aka Vegas Vic :)

gparris

Quote from: gb4fan92;40414Great minds think alike. I was thinking along the same time frame.

Thanks, it just makes a lot of sense and by that time, most of the rush to get new dishes and new STBs will have come down a bit so a realistic schedule for installation could happen-unlike what will  happen in just a few weeks from now.
But ALL three things on that list must happen, for me to actually switch to D*.

Many of the new HD setups I have done or will be doing want a one-dish solution for both HD local and national HD channels and CBS58 is not making it easy (it is a deal breaker, really).
You'd be surprised how many watch CBSHD in their homes (on cable) and I really can't disagree with them since CBSHD has some really great HD video and DD5.1 surround, too.

Mark Strube

As of a little over a week ago, we're back with Dish... the family wanted the Big 10, I didn't put up much of a fight since we now have so many HD channels. :D