News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

ESPN-HD and ESPN2-HD "free" on TWC?

Started by yaderhey, Wednesday May 16, 2007, 05:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

Reading their reply, I understand completely why U-Verse will eventually do them in as far as HDTV owners go...no mention of their 29 HD channels, either.
Sort of blows away their argument for the so-called "lack" of HD channels and programming availablity.

Their response was from far-off Green Bay - nowhere NEAR Milwaukee..what a bunch of IDIOTS...you are from Milwaukee!

We DO have PBSHD and our Directv (not DIRECT TV as written) offers locally Three of the FOUR HD locals usually offered (due to CBS58's stupidity), but not STARZHD (yet)...see Dishnetwork on THEIR 32 HD channels.

Soon, when TWC Milwaukee (not Green Bay) "wakes up" D* will  actually have those HD channels up and running - along with its TWC HD subs...running away to them.

All TWC will do is talk about its SDV, set top boxes use to free up analogue channels (to get more HD channels-see NYC Staten Island), but that will be it!

Talk is cheap, TWC, but your bill isn't...it goes up and up with no increase of HD channels - even the ones that really cool in HD, but you don't care,  unless your location is San Antonio, TX or some other location butting heads competitively with FIOS or U-Verse (like here, what happened?)

No wonder why TWC lost its lawsuit against D* in that arena...you can say you will (offer more HD channels), but others do (the sat is awaiting launch for July 6th I hear from 6/20).
While we're on the subject of capacity, D* is listing many HD channels going with that new satellite, ACTUAL names...seems that will come true, IMO, but not with your service.

If TWC Milwaukee was so interested in keeping you as a HD subscriber, why would they lie (18 HD channels! remember that in the JS?), tell us stories at kiosks and not offer the other channels other locations in the country get like CinemaxHD, StarzHD, A&EHD and MHD and of course, our local CWHD and MyNtwkHD.

Please tell us how you define "competitive" as it seems to fail you in reality...if your HD channel availablity is "competitive" - please tell us - for WHOM?

oz

Quote from: gparris;39481Maybe this will finally clarify what is going on with TWC regarding your questions:
http://www.multichannel.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleID=CA6446179
Here TWC states that both ESPNHD and ESPN2HD are included in digital access
(for least-expensive HD-channel access) and the balance of the HD package (4 HD channels) are in that now-overpriced package, currently $6.95/month.
But if you really, really, want to MAXIMIZE your HD channel access from TWC, keep the package, as you never KNOW when TWC in Milwaukee will actually ADD to the package.:rolleyes:
While we're at it, just WHERE are those TWC locations with the 17-27 full time HD channels, anyway?:confused:

Thanks - called and canceled the $6.95 package.

gparris

Quote from: oz;39568Thanks - called and canceled the $6.95 package.

What the heck, your choice, maybe it will send them a "message" how sucky their HD channel selection really is!

(But that would depend if they really care what we subscribers do to them...I don't think they actually do, IMO).:rolleyes:

For me, I enjoy my HDNETs and Universal HD at least for the Sci-Fi shows in HD.
Thanks for the update!

syrett4

Quote from: gparris;39570What the heck, your choice, maybe it will send them a "message" how sucky their HD channel selection really is!

(But that would depend if they really care what we subscribers do to them...I don't think they actually do, IMO).:rolleyes:

For me, I enjoy my HDNETs and Universal HD at least for the Sci-Fi shows in HD.
Thanks for the update!

I was finally able to cancel mine as well.  I don't think they care about subscribers, but they do care about $$$.  I'm a sports junkie so I'm not even missing those 3 or 4 channels I canceled.

gparris

Your response is similar to many throughout TWC locations since they took both ESPNHDs out of the HD package, HD subs cancelled in many cases.
Since TWC thinks in its own corporate mindset that 4 HD channels are worth $6.95 plus tax/fees a month without adding anything else to the package as before, subscribers (like me) will keep it.

I am a Sci-Fi addict, so anything in HD is a must, just like your sports requirements, so having HDNET and UHD in the mix of HD channels I can get means something, even for the price.

Additionally, I am always complaining (rightly so) about the lack of HD channels in our state's TWC system, so I am putting my money on more channels, even with the few and unrobust/uncompetitive as offered here.
Recently, I did an HT installation in Comcastland - wow-they have Sci-Fi in digital - not our lousy analogue delivery here-what a difference in quality.
You could see it was digitally-delivered analogue from the source, since Sci-Fi is not HD (yet), but when I came home and finished my DVR recording of the same programme, UGH!

Comcast also offers MORE HD channels than we do, all the HD locals (unlike us), including HD on-demand movies and events - some for free - that are outstanding, IMO, vs. our nothing (only channel 500 is PPV and has few offerings).

The current 4-HD channel package should have a price reduction, say, to $3.95, making it about a dollar a HD channel a month - close to what we had when there were 6 HD channels for $6.95, just to keep it balanced.

oz

Quote from: gparris;39591The current 4-HD channel package should have a price reduction, say, to $3.95, making it about a dollar a HD channel a month - close to what we had when there were 6 HD channels for $6.95, just to keep it balanced.

I rarely tune in to those 4 channels, but I'd probably sign up again if it was $3.95.  I just wanted to lower my bill a little bit.  I'd really like to see my cable bill lower than my electric bill once in awhile.