News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Need a decent signal for channel 58

Started by albans, Monday Apr 15, 2002, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albans

I live in southeast Mequon and just spent $300 for a new external antenna. While I can get the HD signals associated with chanels 4 and 10, I get almost no HD signals for chanel 58. When I try to watch their HD signals, the picture breaks up almost continuously, absent more than it is present. Programs I have tried to watch include Jag, The Guardian, CSI, etc. I think I have tried all available evening HD programs from channel 1.1. Have a new HD Mitsubsihi TV and do not think it is at fault since I receive great HD signal for chanel 4.1, great HD pictures from the HD channels on Time Warner Cable.

I think that channel 58 needs to turn up its signal volume.

Does anyone else in southeastern Mequon try watching 1.1 and do you get decent HD signals for 1.1? Many thanks.

Gregg Lengling

I live in Cedarburg and have no problem at all with the reception from 58DT, drop me an e-mail and maybe I can get with you and help you out.  (PS, I'm an electrical engineer in the wireless communications business).  Email me at gregg@camelcomm.com.

Good luck.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
gregg@camelcomm.com
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Eucker

I live in Fox Lake, IL and got the Masters on CBS from Milw. on 58/channel 1 this past weekend.  My signal strength was running between 75-80(I am approx. 45 miles SW of the city).  The broadcast was Fantastic!!  Thank you Jim Hall!!!

I am running an RCA DTC 100 with a radio shack vu-190 antenna with a titan 7777 preamp.  The antenna is on a rotor up about 40 ft high.  I hope this info helps!

Tom Snyder

I had similar problems... actaully I've probably bitched the most because I'm up in Germantown with rabbit ears.

I was expecting the signal to degrade even more with the leaves growing on the trees in a woods behind my house (directly in the line of site to the 58 tower). But lately the signal has been really good... 78-82, and I haven't had a single drop out or lockup..

It did take me a lot of tweaking (inches at a time) to find the right location and position for my antenna, but it seems like I finally hit it, and now it's good.

But I feel your pain. :0
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org