News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone use Dish Network HD?

Started by ammatusk, Tuesday Jan 02, 2007, 08:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ammatusk

I currently use an OTA receiver for my HD programming, but find I'm slowly getting addicted to it, so I have been thinking of trying the Dish Network HD package (as I'm already a DishNet subscriber).

Anyone out there subscribed to any of the Dish HD packages? I'm curious about the quality and any experience (good or bad). I've been reviewing the available packages, so I know what channels are offered, just not sure if it's worth it or not.

Any feedback is appreciated (and Happy New Year!)
-scott

GADGET71

Ammatusk-

Have been using DishHD for about year and a half.  I think it's the best bang for the buck if you want the most HD channels of any service out there.  Not only do you get the basic hd channels, ie Discovery, Universal, etc.  but you also get 10 Voom channels.  Very happy with it, and the Dish 622 HD DVR is awesome.

Gadget71
________
herbalaire

Mark Strube

The only problem is that they downrez a lot of the channels from full HD, so for the best picture quality Cable is still the winner. However, if we could afford it, I'd probably still have DishHD. The selection is great.

GADGET71

Just for informational purposes, I pay about $70 a month to have the HD Pack, DVR service, and the bronze package which is like their top 60 with HD.  I don't the cost is bad considering what I get for the money.  I was paying as much and more for Charter w/ HD but had no DVR(major downer for me).
________
marijuana medical