News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Adding Milwaukee HD in April

Started by Youth Minister, Wednesday Feb 22, 2006, 03:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

QuoteDirecTV activated local ABC, NBC, and FOX HD on May 17th. Tech support says CBS is coming at a "later" date.
They probably can't get the signal of all networks at one time like the rest of us. ;)

Tom Snyder

A little deja vu?  I seem to recall it taking a while to get 58 on TWC.. Something about working out a "fair deal?"
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

shaner2000

snobby 'we get our HD channels OTA" people tend to chap my hide. not all of us live in good range or site of the antennas.  gotta love living in a river valley in a lower condo unit. don't have much of a choice besides what the cable companies offer.

gparris

Quote from: shaner2000snobby 'we get our HD channels OTA" people tend to chap my hide. not all of us live in good range or site of the antennas.  gotta love living in a river valley in a lower condo unit. don't have much of a choice besides what the cable companys offer.

Exactly...I like to think this way, too, as I live on a slope of a hill that leans towards two small lakes - great for drainage, bad for reception OTA.
Where you live should not be dictated by what you get OTA to begin with, IMO.

If (and when) Directv offers ALL the HD locals, including CW and PBS along with those other two satellites going up (hopefully ending "HD Lite") and MPEG4 HD DVRs that can be leased at a decent price, I'm there.
But since that is not the case, not even with Dishnetwork (all the HD locals), I am stuck with TWC HD delivery, including those 8300HD DVRs with their current, new, god-awful "upgraded programming"!