News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Adding Milwaukee HD in April

Started by Youth Minister, Wednesday Feb 22, 2006, 03:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

Who wants the locals? If you can weasel your way into the nationals do so. The local NBC and ABC affiliates are being run into the sewer. The CBS affiliate multicasts everything they own on all their affiliates in the country so you know it won't get better. I can't stand $inclair, but Jimboy does make an effort to correct their flaws though he can't make up for the low power or failure to be on cable.

I'd recommend DISH. It's what I'm going with this Summer. More HD content, better packages/deals for HD content, non-proprietary HDPVR option. Plus, Packer fans won't have much use following the other games for the rest of the current NFL package contract. ;)

bradsmainsite

Quote from: Joseph SI'd recommend DISH. It's what I'm going with this Summer. More HD content, better packages/deals for HD content, non-proprietary HDPVR option. Plus, Packer fans won't have much use following the other games for the rest of the current NFL package contract. ;)

Well this should bring rebutle from the Directv people, but Joe your right and if you need help with this contact me as I am a local retailer for both actually,  and if not me just get someone local DO NOT call the 1-800 go knowhere number those
fullfilment companies "Yikes"!

psubill78

Will the Milwaukee HD locals over DTVs new dish be as crappy as they are over the air now? (switching issues, etc)

We spent alot of $$ making sure we could still get Chicago locals OTA because of how poor Milwaukee HD OTA is (we are in Kenosha).

I'm just not that excited for Milwaukee HD over DTVs sats!!!  Does the HD box still accept the OTA antenna?

bradsmainsite

I would suspect that they will be exactly the same since they are just uplinks of the orginal station like wise with Dish. :bang:

Yes the HD box will have the off air tuner from what I'm told.

I'm fortunate to be able to get Greenbay locals, so don't have to deal with Milwaukees issues if I do not want to! :)

shaner2000

so, it's may 12. any sign of DTV HD in Milwaukee from anyone?  I've not heard a durn thing...

flasch

I have some wierd channels poping up on my regular tv channel 29 that says its fox but it is realy upn 24 and then 38 which says it wb but its nbc

gparris

Quote from: shaner2000so, it's may 12. any sign of DTV HD in Milwaukee from anyone?  I've not heard a durn thing...

According to Skyreport today, Milwaukee gets its HD locals added...check your H20s when you get home tonight...I'm checking with my brother's Directv upgrade and his new 5 LNB dish, too! :D

Milwaukee12

Cool.  Now we just need to get the new dish and an H20 in my room.  We have one in the living room and it shows the HD channels there but we can't get them because we don't have the new dish.

Does anyone know if it's free to upgrade to the new dish and get another H20?

psubill78

Quote from: Milwaukee12Cool.  Now we just need to get the new dish and an H20 in my room.  We have one in the living room and it shows the HD channels there but we can't get them because we don't have the new dish.

Does anyone know if it's free to upgrade to the new dish and get another H20?

Yeah - that's the question of the day.

I've got the HD DVR h10-250, and 3 HDVR2s.... I wonder what will happen.

Let us know if you find out...

Milwaukee12

I'll ask my dad to call tonight and I'll let you know.

psubill78

I don't believe the MPEG4 HD DVR is even out yet...

shaner2000

I'm talking to the rep right now. It is available. Unfortunatley only CBS, ABC, and NBC (Fox is already available, of course).

An equal swap is free - ie, from my H10 to the new HD receiver compatible with this MPEG4 technology, or whatever it is called.

A swap from the HD DVR to the new HD receiver is not available for free.  The new HD receiver without an equal swap is $99.

She did say the new HD DVR would be available "mid 2006" and would be a similar swap procedure, but would likely involve some sort of charge rather than be a 1 for 1 swap.

Earliest installation next Monday.

I'm excited.  At least it's here in time for the World Cup (ABC HD games).

packeron

I noticed that 4,6,12 are all available on my H20, but 58 is not.  Does anyone know the deal with that??

gparris

Quote from: packeronI noticed that 4,6,12 are all available on my H20, but 58 is not.  Does anyone know the deal with that??

Maybe the owners at CBS58 are giving Directv grief again like they did when the locals in SD first came about...big surprise if that's the case again.
Dishnetwork had some issues with them before if I remember correctly, too.

Other locations in the country Directv has had some HD local delivery issues, too, so I am not surprised...too bad.
Now you know how TWC HD subs feel when they can't get WB or UPN HD from Sinclair!

Jerry

DirecTV activated local ABC, NBC, and FOX HD on May 17th.  Tech support says CBS is coming at a "later" date.  DirecTV's contracted installer removed my 3-LNB dish and replaced it with a 5-LNB version. Am using their H20 HD receiver. The 3 available channels are coming in with signal strengths ranging from 75 to 85. I live just off South 27th Street and West Parnell Ave near Tolkin Buick.  Am also getting decent OTA reception of local HD using an amplified Radio Shack antenna.