News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Brewers HD

Started by Youth Minister, Friday Jul 02, 2004, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youth Minister

4:20 PM and no HD Brewers on Fox Sports Net as advertised.  This stuff sure gets old after a while...:bang:

Youth Minister

4:40 - Finally!  You know, they only broadcast a stinkin' 3 or 4 games/mo.  You'd think they'd remember to flip the switch.  Sorry for the rant.  It's just there's still so little HD sports available, I want every morsel...

gb4fan92

Well maybe its for the best. They are getting their a&$ kicked. But you can't count out this years Brewers just yet. :guns:

Detritus

Hm, I looked at it for a little bit...

The quality was hardly better than standard definition. What's up with that?! Is this one of those Fox-Widescreen-wannabe-HDTV-but-not-it things?!

Youth Minister

I agree.  I've been watching both games and I'm really unimpressed with the lack of HD.  Maybe they sent all of the HD equipment up the line to Big Brother net for use on NFL and dug all the Faux Widescreen crud out of the Fox dumpster.

:(

The Law

For some HD sports.....inHD is replaying the Euro2004 tournament in HD.  For those that don't know, this is one of the biggest Soccer tournaments in the World showcasing the European Nat'l teams.   The quality of play this outstanding viewing is fantastic in HiDef.  This year's host is Portugal.  The final is this weekend, but the replays should be going on through July on inHD.  Alas, England got robbed when they were knocked out by the hosts with some shoddy ref-ing

Enjoy....:)

Joel S

QuoteOriginally posted by Detritus
Hm, I looked at it for a little bit...

The quality was hardly better than standard definition. What's up with that?! Is this one of those Fox-Widescreen-wannabe-HDTV-but-not-it things?!

The Friday games were definitely not HD, although they were widescreen.  FSN seems to really have problems getting the HD broadcasts off and running.  The annoying thing about the non-hd ws broadcast on Friday is that on Saturday & Sunday they showed some highlights from Fridays game in full glorious HD.  What is thier problem with getting the broadcast right the first time??

shawn123

Arent the Brewers supposed to be on in HD right now,
7-7 7:00?

RRP

Where do you go to find out what games are being broadcasting?

I just got my D* HD receiver hooked up and didn't realize that FOX Sports was doing some games in HD.

Thanks for the assist.

Richard

Joel S

here is the link

http://msn.foxsports.com/named/HD

No games scheduled as of now for the rest of July.  

FSN HD is only on TWC, not on D*.

stvnce

What channel is FSN HD on DTV?

brewtownska

Anyone else catch other team's HD games on our FSN HD recently?  I was at a buddy's house last night (Friday), and we turned the Brewers on to see how bad they were losing - this was TWC channel 31.  Then someone asked if they were on in HD that night on 531 - I immediately said no, but they still proceeded to check.  Strange thing is that a DIFFERENT game was on, and it was looking great in HD.  Sorry, can't remember what teams they were, but neither of them were in our area.  So it's like our FSN North put on a game from a different region.  By no means am I complaining, but I'd like to know if we should expect this more often.  Sounds like maybe looking at the TWC channel guide may not be accurate...yes, accurate for BREWERS HD, but no accurate as to when something is being played on the channel.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Joel S

On Friday afternoon they were showing the previous day's Texas-Cleveland game.  I just happened to stumble upon it.  I do recall in the Winter catching part of a Florida Panther hockey game, all in HD.

Last night was the coolest yet though...  For whatever reason ch 531 was a live broadcast if you will of the Fox engineers doing audio checks and other broadcast related checks for the All-Star game.  

They kept showing a little animated baseball named "Scooter" who has a purple eye.  I guess "Scooter" will help describe pitches for the game tonight.  They also would have the "AmeriQuest" blimp floating accross the screen and practice editing some player profile specials.  For instance, they were testing some graphics and highlights for Alfonso Soriano which read "Soriano, different team same game" or "Pudge loves Yanni."  I wouldn't make these up.

Most of the time the screen would display "GC Patriot HD,"  I'm not sure if that rings a bell with anyone.  I couldn't say for sure if the graphics were in true HD, but they were WS and looked quite good.  I saw this around 10pm last night.  Anyone else stumble upon this???