News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HD Net on Time Warner

Started by akitakoi, Monday Dec 23, 2002, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akitakoi

If there is anyone else that would like to see HD Net on Time Warner you can visit HD Net's website and fill out the form to send Time Warner a fax that reads like this.

12/23/02

RE:  I WANT HDNet!

Dear General Manager:

I recently heard about the first all high-definition national
television network, HDNet.  I was very disappointed to learn that
Time Warner had not yet added HDNet.  I am very interested in receiving
high-definition television with excellent programming, which is exactly
what HDNet offers its viewers.

As your subscriber, I am requesting that you add HDNet to your
channel lineup.  If you are interested in providing high-definition
original, exciting and informative programming to your customers,
please consider my request.

Sincerely,
"Your Name"

http://www.hd.net/

JoeK

Good post.  Alot of us are impatiently waiting to see some additional HD offerings on cable.  It is hard to get through the anti TWC clutter on this forum.  The 3 forum administrators should be particularly ashame.  They rarely miss the opportunity to jump in the middle of a cable dialog string to add some anti TWC bable. I've been trying to figure out what the deal is with this. I thought it would die out over time. It appears the OTA crowd feels if you haven't spent $600-$800 on a STB with a technological half life of 18 months and haven't been on your roof in December adjusting your antenna you don't deserve HDTV.        

Kevin Arnold

QuoteOriginally posted by JoeK:
Good post.  Alot of us are impatiently waiting to see some additional HD offerings on cable.  It is hard to get through the anti TWC clutter on this forum.  The 3 forum administrators should be particularly ashame.  They rarely miss the opportunity to jump in the middle of a cable dialog string to add some anti TWC bable. I've been trying to figure out what the deal is with this. I thought it would die out over time. It appears the OTA crowd feels if you haven't spent $600-$800 on a STB with a technological half life of 18 months and haven't been on your roof in December adjusting your antenna you don't deserve HDTV.        

Though a gratitous shot, you asked and answered your own question. If you think Time Warner is doing a fine job why are you waiting for more HD offerings to appear? And why is pointing this out "anti-Time Warner" which by the way makes your post anti-TW. The last part about not deserving HDTV unless you buy a STB is just plain silly.

kjarnold
kja123@wi.rr.com

Kevin Arnold

akitakoi

I'm not getting in the middle of that!

I was just hopeing that all the TWC people would visit http://www.hd.net/  and fill out the form to send faxs asking that they carry HDNet.

Matt Heebner

I think that is kind of a cheap shot JoeK. I do believe that the TWC people have missed out due to the lack of not having CBS, but I think that there is a lot more "in jest" anti-TWC  talk than serious postings.
I do think though that because you are getting a "free" HD box from them, that you are also at their mercy when it comes to what they want to do regarding HD. I am actually kind of surprised that they have moved as fast as they have with the stations they have. Other parts of the country are not as lucky.
I still believe that cable will be the main means of getting HD to the masses cheaply, but here in Milwaukee...they are not there yet.
And Joek...if you haven't seen my earlier post about my Christmas Wish to MilwaukeeHDTV.org, go tho this link and scroll down about 2/3rds of the way.
 http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000358.html

Matt

DMartin

This Forum can be a great advocate of HD-programming through all sources: satellite, OTA and cable.  Critical mass of viewers will mean more HD produced for all.  Thank you to the Forum moderators who realize that Cableites are not Luddites!

CHRISTMAS TWC WISH LIST:
1.)  CBS-HD
2.)  FOX-widescreen
3.)  HD-NET
4.)  ESPN-HD when available in April '03

JoeK

Matt,

You are right. I should be thanking Tom, Todd and Greg for their work on the forum instead of taking shots.  The tone has not been entirely negative on cable and light hearted sarcasm does not come through well sometimes in email.    

Gregg Lengling

Okay this thread is now off topic and we'll stop it here...This thread is officially closed.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
(Built in DTC100 w/Directv)
HiDTV Pro 2 computer reciever card
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}