News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ4 HD is on TWC now!!! ch. 504

Started by ajnike, Wednesday Nov 13, 2002, 12:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajnike

Finally a new channel. Also, lets not all forget to check out jay leno and ER, and Conan O' Brien????? I dont know if he is on HD yet.

thanks
Mike  <-----newbie
________
VAPIR NO2

Tom Snyder

I don't think Conan is HD yet.. but very soon! If you haven't seen Leno yet in HD, be ready to be blown away... arguably some of the best picture quality on Network HDTV.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kjnorman

Don't forget that 'Ed' and 'Law and Order' are also both in HDTV tonight.

I'll check this out when I get home.

Kerry

RickNeff

WooHoo!  It's nice to finally see a local HD channel on TWC!  So much better than the yucky (yeah, I know I'm getting technical) analog channel.

------------------
Richard Neff
Proud Toshiba 56x81 owner!

Matt Heebner

I am glad that they are finally getting HD going in TWC. If News Corp. (Mad Murdoch)ends up buying DirecTv, thats where I will be heading. Anyways...wait till you see Kevin's (Jay Leno's bandleader) shine on his very white teeth. Once I saw that I knew it had to be HD! That and you can make out faces in the audience about 10 rows up. Also, notice the fabric type on Leno's suits. Sometimes he even wears suits with very faint pin-striping on it...something you would never see in analog.
Am I getting anyone excited yet?

Matt

RickNeff

QuoteAm I getting anyone excited yet?

Like any of us need prompting!  

------------------
Richard Neff
Proud Toshiba 56x81 owner!

Gregg Lengling

Exited ?????
NO !!!
I've been watching it for free for a long time now.....I've already got my payback from not paying TWC and receiving over the air.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
HiDTV Pro 2 computer reciever card
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

SugarRay

How is the picture quality on TWC vs OTA?

veyj

QuoteOriginally posted by SugarRay:
How is the picture quality on TWC vs OTA?

Excellent question.  And who has the answer?

kjnorman

Ed do not look too bad tonight not the greatest but not too bad either.  The West Wing - even though standard def, upconverted and stuck with the annoying border all round - still looked way better than analog.  Even more, I watched the ads (yep, can't Tivo out the ads with HDTV  )

QuoteOriginally posted by veyj:
How is the picture quality on TWC vs OTA? Excellent question.  And who has the answer?

So who wants to bring an OTA STB round to my place and plug it into my TV to test this?  

I'm only two miles from the transmitters (can even see them from the upstairs windows) so I should get a nice strong signal even with a dinky indoor antenna.

Kerry

knorman@wi.rr.com

Joseph S

OTA looks better here. TW is too purplish on my set. Will see how Leno looks later.

Update: Leno looks really purple on TW. I'll recalibrate my inputs this weekend, but I don't think a fair comparison can be made without TW color bars.

[This message has been edited by Joseph S (edited 11-13-2002).]

kjnorman

I would say that I get some colour calibration issues and a problem tryng to dial in the right contrast and white level with the 3100HD box.  It is certainly not the greatest, and I would imagine that an OTA box that someone pays $500 for would look better.

Just my opinion.

Kerry

gyoung

Pretty obvious, but the HD is wayyyyy!!  better than the analog channel 4 on TWC.  It just shows how bad TWC's analog channels are.  

Also, it looks like NBC doesn't offer many of it's primetime shows in HD.  Only the Tonight Show and ER and Law and Order.  Why not all their other sitcoms?

[This message has been edited by gyoung (edited 11-14-2002).]

btbowen1

In my comparison between the two, OTA is better but not by a large margin, it was a clearer picture and the cable channel was a little grainy. It was still a good picture though. The SD upconvert programs looks good on cable, just as good as my Samsung Sir-t151, but with the OTA, I don't have to view upconverts with the black bars on the side. But I did'nt have the color issue someone previously mentioned.

Brian

beirnead

I don't have an OTA box, so I can't compare it to TWC.  However, I saw Leno on TWC HD last night for the first time and, WOW!!!  Even the upconverted stuff looked a lot cleaner than the analog.  Too bad there wasn't a way to get rid of the black bars on the side.  Anyone with a projection screen worried about burn in from these?