News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Letter from FOX

Started by AndrewP, Friday Jun 27, 2003, 08:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewP

I sent e-mail yesterday to FOX 6:
How is your digital antenna coming. I did not watch FOX since the
last Packers game. I hope you will finish installation before the new season. Maybe you are waiting until the temperature will reach 100-110F. I understand, it is very cold right now.
Your analog signal is baaaad, and I am not going back to cable. Maybe in August I should install antenna to pick up Chicago FOX station. What you recommend me to do?

Sincerely, Andrew

Here is a response from FOX 6:

We are continuing to work on the reinforcement of our tower for digital transmission.  It doesn't appear that the reinforcement of the tower will be completed before the start of the NFL season; the work is going very slowly because of wind and rain.

I am amazed that you are not receiving a good off air signal from WITI, we should be putting a Grade A signal in your area.  If you would give me a call, I would like to discuss this matter further with you to find out what kind of problems you are experiencing.

I can't comment on your need to install an antenna to receive the Chicago stations other than that same antenna would probably help in your reception of WITI.

If you have any other questions or if you would like to discuss your reception problems call me at.... I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for you interest in FOX 6.

Gregg Lengling

I don't know who from 6 sent you that e-mail but they know damn well that you would never receive their signal in Muskego...who the hell are they trying to kid.....

Boy oh Boy...what a bunch of hooey......

We'll put this one in the archives of the "Best Lies Ever"!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

davezen2

I would assume that they thought he was talking about their analog signal- not their non-existant digital one,  since he mentions that the analog signal is bad in that same paragraph.

AndrewP

I sent original e-mail using a feedback link at the //www.fox6milwaukee.com.

I sent them a reply to that amasing answer:

I have an analog signal here, but I don't have a digital signal.
Since I have satellite (Dish Network) and HDTV set I am not watching analog TV anymore.
Last time I was forced to watch analog signal was the last Packers game on FOX.
Apparently UPN 24 and WB 18 were able to finish their antennas.
But of course, they did not have a lot of rain at their particular spot.
I have antenna directed now at Milwaukee and I receive all local stations in digital (including HDTV) but FOX. I will probably need to setup another antenna aiming at Chicago.

That is very disappointing news from FOX.

Andrew

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewP

Here is a response from FOX 6:

We are continuing to work on the reinforcement of our tower for digital transmission.  It doesn't appear that the reinforcement of the tower will be completed before the start of the NFL season; the work is going very slowly because of wind and rain.

WIND and RAIN?  rotflmao  Not around here.....:confused:

Starving

techguy1975

One thing to keep in mind on this..  Esepecially for tower work, they are referring  not to ground temperature, but temps above ground.   The Ch. 6 tower is apprx 1000 ft according to their FCC application.   Temps and winds that high can be vastly different than on the ground.   I don't know if re-enforcement work requires them to go up that high or not.  If not, then yes, I fully agree they don't have many excuses for not getting it done.  If it does require going to the top, unless you know the weather 1000 ft above ground, then you cannot really critisize

---Edited to add disclaimer---
I do not work for Fox 6 or any company affiliated with the work being done their.  I am just offering another point of view.   I dont even own any HDTV equipment (yet)

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by techboywi
.....unless you know the weather 1000 ft above ground, then you cannot really critisize

Well we can be fairly certain it wasn't raining up there.  As far as wind, I can't be certain, but I have my doubts.  Especially considering the length of time they have had to do the project along with the fact that Sinclair did their work seemingly without a "wind and rain" problem.

Starving

wxndave

As someone posted last week.  They have just started working on the tower.  They have a tag line hanging down the side of the tower.  18 & 24 had there work done in the middle of winter.  

Dave