News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anyone know if TWC will carry the ESPN HD channel?

Started by AJagannathan, Tuesday Jan 28, 2003, 05:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJagannathan

Just curious if they plan on adding that to the line-up when it's introduced...

Timgb

Tim Cuprisin of the Journal said that ESPN is negotiating with TWC now.  ESPN loves cable.

AJagannathan

Great...crossing my fingers.  That ESPN HD commercial during the Superbowl had me salivating. :)

mr_yeti

The mere thought of ESPN HD had me salivating... then I saw the commercial. Here is the response I got when I asked about this issue via their website:

Dear Valued Customer:

I have recently received your email to Time Warner Cable regarding your request for ESPN in HDTV format. This programming is not yet available in Southeastern Wisconsin. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your suggestion for channel lineup change to our Marketing Department. Thank you for your suggestion as we continue to provide the best in home entertainment.

I will also note that I mentioned that March 30 is the launch date in my original question, leading me to believe (suprise, suprise) that this is a canned response that anyone who asks about ESPN HD will receive.

DMartin

I received the same canned response.  Hopefully TWC is being flooded with ESPN-HD requests!   Keep them coming.

mr_yeti

Well, at the very least it's an accurate canned response. I am cautiously optimistic about the presence of this channel on or about March 30.

Skipjack

The next question:  Will it be available with the basic package or will you have to pay additional for ESPN-HD?

My cable bill is killing me already!

torgo

I believe that on any system, ESPN HD is a subscription service.