News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ's Pre-Season Packer Game

Started by Kevin Arnold, Saturday Aug 23, 2003, 11:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

Watched partially tonights Packer game on TMJ 4.  Nice job. Some random thoughts:

-Isn't that the CBS theme they're using or is it the old NBC football theme?

-Jessie Garcia on the side line does a credible job. Statements are to the point and useful info. Quite a nice change from the usual fluff reports.

-Gotta love those close ups. Favre was wise to not chew tobacco during the game. Would have had a oral cavity view otherwise.

-Can't they time the commercials so that they don't come back 2 plays into the next series? It seems the game kept interrupting the commercials.

-Thinking of taking lip reading lessons.  I picked up some but sure would like to fill in the rest.

-Nice pre-game with the "tour" of the new facilities.

All in all they've done a reasonable job so far. Now lets take up a collection and buy them some HD cameras.
Kevin Arnold

midwesterntv

Yeah, that is the CBS football theme - also in use are the CBS football graphics (wisely edited with a "G" where the CBS eye should be.)

I assume this is because WFRV-TV in Green Bay is the ringleader in the Packers Television Network, and with them being a CBS affiliate, it is probably why Packers football has that nice CBS feeling...

oflaherty

Not only is WFRV a CBS affiliate, it is owned and operated by CBS.
The preseason games are produced by CBS network sports.

For background:
http://www.touchtmj4.com/4sports/pack-release-21003.asp

---
Sean at TMJ

midwesterntv

Makes you wonder what they talked about during that two hour rain delay tonight...

I couldn't hear it, but could see it where I was.

Talos4

Food Glorious food!

Kevin and  Bill kept going on and on about that double brat.  I never thought of ordering that last Saturday.  

Oh Yeah, and the Lightning,  Nice camera work guys.