News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Official Fox6 New Location Technical Report Thread

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jun 09, 2004, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

720p

Getting 6-1 with rooftop antenna and Sammy 360 near the police station.  Signal steady at 45%.  Audio and video coming in solid but picture is quite soft and too white.  Still, it's about time.  Can't wait to see the Pack get their butts kicked in HD this fall.:p

dlhoppe

I just tried again and get a very low signal. Not near enough to get any picture or sound. All the other digital stations come in very strong. They must be transmitting at low power. Either that or my equipment is malfunctioning somehow.

easylistener

StarvingForHDTV

I tried aiming my 4 bow tie Channel Master, but that did not help.  It did help my weak 18-1/18-2 signal though.  I ordered the 8 bow tie Channel Master 4228 from Warren Electronics to see if that will help me.  If that fails I'm going to hire out to have my antenna installed on the roof.  If that fails, I will be assimilated by Time Warner Cable.  I hope resistance is not futile.....

I am thankful they got this going with some time before the NFL season starts up.  I will need this time to figure out a way to get their signal.  Who would have thought it would be so tough to get their signal 1 mile away from Milwaukee?  

Starving

Tom Snyder

I know they are currently at a low power, but the increased height should be enough to give decent coverage. Not an explosive signal in the far NW reaches of germantown, but 70-74 ain't bad. I'd be curious to see a map of their signal pattern...  Suprised that you can't get a signal in Mequon, Starving. You're probably as far North as I am, but 10-15 miles farther east.. puzzling...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Riktar

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
I know they are currently at a low power, but the increased height should be enough to give decent coverage.

Is that to say that they will be increasing the power? Since you used "currently" I am hopeful that an increase is in the cards.

As it stands now I can almost get a lock on their signal after sundown. Maybe once the leaves get off the trees I will have better luck.

*sigh*

dlhoppe

I thought they were at low power.  Actually, I was hoping they were at low power. That means my equipment is probably fine. Since I can pick up every other digital signal out of Milw, I was certainly puzzled as to why I couldn't get Fox.  I guess I'll just have to wait even longer to get Fox. Dang!  I sure hope they crank it up before football season!

Tom,

Do you have any idea on the timeline for Fox going to full power?

EasyListener,

I'm in the town of Trenton about 3-4 miles east/southeast of West Bend.

Tom Snyder

All I can say is that they are authorized to broadcast as substantially higher power (about the same as 12 and 4).

And I'm guessing that, like 58,  they'll switch to that higher power when it is strategically, financially and technically in their best interest to do so.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

I look at it this way:  WDJT is running low power (about 900 to 1000 watts I think and an ERP of 10K) and I have no problem receiving them.  However FOX6 must be running micro-power less than 200 watts and a low gain antenna with the main pattern to the West and South, because I still have nothing to receive here in Cedarburg.  Pretty disappointing, I sure hope Directv gets the Fox feed up and running pretty soon or I will be one very IRATE Non-Viewer if I miss my Packer games.  Get with the program WITI and get a signal out there where it is actually usable.
:mad: :( :guns:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

rnelson

I'm quite a bit south and maby that's why I get the 64% that I get.
I was trying to watch Nascar this PM.  Too much break up to be watchable.  Unless you can get a strong enough signal to hold a clear picture, the only thing you accomplish is to be able to see what you're really missing.

I agree . . . Kick up the power guys.
Roy

Tom Sielicki

Nothing here in germantown .   Sucks because I received them from brown deer road location.

dlhoppe

So what do you think is holding them back?  Saving on the electric bill?  Maybe their equipment isn't up to snuff yet.  Does anyone have a contact at WITI to see what's going on?

GBK

I have a Silver Sensor right now aimed at the new tower I get about 35% signal. just enough to be able to watch it on my tuner but it has a lot of drop outs.. Too bad I wish they would increase the power at least 25% it should solve a lot of issues for me.

AndrewP

Unwatchable!!!
Signal breaks up every other second here.
If that is what they can - I don't even know what to say about them holding us as hostages before the football season.
WITI look at ch 22 - even they can pay for electric bill and provide a signal!
JOKE. Another one. How many left...

Andrew, Muskego , 50%-0%-45%-0%-50%-0%-60%-0%...

Jim Oliver

I'm in Pewaukee and was able to watch 6-1 without any breakups tonight.    I'm using an old rooftop antenna that came with the house and am getting all the other digital stations ok.  I have a Mitsubishi set and I don't know of any way to read what the signal strength is.