News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

2 years after "The Phantom Menace" are there any digital theaters here, yet??

Started by Joseph S, Tuesday Jun 22, 2004, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph S

I haven't found one yet aside from the countless ones I've seen and visited elsewhere in the country. Is there one hiding in the Milwaukee area that I'm not aware of? Any in the works?

StarvingForHDTV

You mean a DLP theater?  If not, what exactly is a digital theater?

Thanks in advance,

Starving

mrmike

AFAIK the closest one is in Chicago, unless you count the one that Rosebud uses for football games.

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmike
AFAIK the closest one is in Chicago, unless you count the one that Rosebud uses for football games.

The Rosebud owns.

mrmike

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul S.
The Rosebud owns.

Yeah, but I wish he hadn't gone head-over-heels into the franchise thing.  I feel like the Rosebud has slipped of late, quality-wise, and maybe he's spending too much time doing other things.  Plus, they took the beers I like most off their taps :(

StarvingForHDTV

Are DLP theaters clearly superior to regular theaters?  What was the experience like?

Thanks in advance,

Starving

Joseph S

QuoteAre DLP theaters clearly superior to regular theaters?

I've found the picture quality to be leagues above what I'm seeing presently at Marcus, AMC, and Landmark. As far as the rest of the experience, it depends on who attends. The ticket prices are the same too.

StarvingForHDTV

Thank you, I look forward to attending a DLP theater.

Starving (part owner of Texas Instruments)