News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS...HD March 15 Still?

Started by Matt Heebner, Saturday Feb 16, 2002, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

Anyone know if CBS is still keeping to their March 15 plan of HD programming? That would be very cool to get March Madness in HD! We should nominate someone to become a liason between the Milw. HDTV group and the stations. I know it's been mentioned before, but I think it's a awesome idea!

Matt

SteveMiller

One of the enginners from CBS 58 came into work (American) to buy some TiVOs and that is the date he told us..

- Steve

Steve Mann

It certainly looks good. They just got their transmitter today, but have just about everything else in place. I received an email from Jim Hall this morning stating they hope to be on in March and in time for NCAA games.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Pat

Just testing.  I'm having trouble getting on the forums.

John Brundage

Picked up a carrier signal on Channel 46 today, but no picture

Tom Snyder

QuoteJust testing. I'm having trouble getting on the forums.

We get our connectivity from Ameritech... they were doing some router maintenance last night and it was to be done by 5am... NOT!  Kludgy connections all day...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Tom Snyder

QuotePicked up a carrier signal on Channel 46 today, but no picture

What time? How long?

[This message has been edited by Tom Snyder (edited 03-01-2002).]
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Matt Heebner

I tried tuning in 46...but my DTC-100 just says "weak signal". They have to at some point send out a test signal...don't they?

Matt

wrupp

I've got em at about 60% with my DTC-100.  Look at the signal strength.  Without any modulation you will get the "weak signal" message.

------------------
Bill in Muskego
///////////
Mits 46809
RCA DTC-100
108 Hour DirecTiVo

Matt Heebner

I did a re-scan of Ant. A, and I still can not pick up channel 46. Are they only broadcasting this at certain times? I am only about a mile from CBS (although I don't know if thats where they broadcast...Hawley, south of Bluemound). If they are broadcasting from somewhere near there, I should be able to get something.

Matt

John Brundage

I have a Toshiba settop box and was picking up a signal Monday and Tuesday afternoon.  Tried later at about 10:00 pm Tuesday and there wasn't a signal.

The Toshiba was giving me a signal strength of about 50% with a set of rabbit ears.  The signal strength meter only activates if there is a digital signal.  However, I wasn't getting a picture, so I assume it was some type of carrier signal only

Kevin Arnold

See the new thread about DT 46. They need some feedback.

KJA
Kevin Arnold

FWD

Hello -- I just found this site today from searching on AVS, where I used to post last year.  Great job guys!

Well I'm very excited about 58 getting on the air for March Madness.  The Final Four in HD on the big 88" screen!  What could be better than that -- unless Bo Ryan and his boys are there!