News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Am I seeing things..........

Started by Chinatown, Wednesday Nov 18, 2009, 05:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

...........or is WITI channel 6 news now in HD????????????

SRW1000

Quote from: Chinatown;53958...........or is WITI channel 6 news now in HD????????????
Not at 9:00 PM.  An earlier test, maybe?

SRW1000

tbarney

The holiday parade is in HD on Fox6 this morning. I'm not sure if they are doing their own production or if they are using equipment from channel 10 like other local stations have done, but this could be a sign of things to come!

skier8734

They just thanked mptv for the truck so it isn't their hd production yet but said that hd news is coming soon.

jeffski

Quote from: tbarney;53983The holiday parade is in HD on Fox6 this morning. I'm not sure if they are doing their own production or if they are using equipment from channel 10 like other local stations have done, but this could be a sign of things to come!

What holiday is it? :rolleyes: I'm glad Waukesha and Muskego have the guts to call theirs CHRISTMAS parade.   So sick of pc crap :bang:

Tom Snyder

QuoteThe holiday parade is in HD on Fox6 this morning.
Bummer we didn't get a heads up on this in advance. Stuff like this is still a big deal. You'd think that TV6 would want to take advantage of the promotion they'd get here and on Twitter.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Chuck from FOX

Hey guys - thanks for noticing that we had the parade in HD....to Tom's point, the reason we didn't promote it was there is a lot going here technically and we weren't 100% sure if was going to be in HD - but the engineering staff pulled it off and did a great job.  Fyi, to your previsous point, we did use the PBS truck, so that was the easy part - we had a few graphic and MC issues to work around, but again, all that was worked out by FOX 6 engineers.

Chuck

mrschimpf

Another bit of progress tonight; looks like Fox 6 can now render their logo bug during their HD syndicated programming; it's showing up on Seinfeld right now.

I have to say, I like this slow 'getting it right the first time' progress in rolling it out they're doing rather than the 'just be first, not good' approach TMJ took.

WITI6fan

Quote from: mrschimpf;54012Another bit of progress tonight; looks like Fox 6 can now render their logo bug during their HD syndicated programming; it's showing up on Seinfeld right now.

I have to say, I like this slow 'getting it right the first time' progress in rolling it out they're doing rather than the 'just be first, not good' approach TMJ took.

Haven't they been doing that for a while? or is this a different bug?

LoadStar

Quote from: WITI6fan;54013Haven't they been doing that for a while? or is this a different bug?

Yeah, they've had the "FOX 6 HD" bug for easily years now. The bugs were the first things that the local stations had the ability to do when they introduced HD programming.

mrschimpf

Quote from: LoadStar;54015Yeah, they've had the "FOX 6 HD" bug for easily years now. The bugs were the first things that the local stations had the ability to do when they introduced HD programming.

Actually the Fox 6 HD bug during network programming is inserted before the fact from Fox's program distribution feed and isn't controlled by the station themselves; during the 10pm Saturday newscast and any pre-emptions of Fox you can see the Fox 6 HD bug in the corner because they aren't airing "Wanda Sykes" live, but recording it for airing at 10:35pm (although for now it seems in that case they don't have HD delay for Fox shows), and it doesn't appear on shows like "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" as Fox decides to show the regular Fox logo within the 4:3 space so that news shows and clip shows like "The Soup" give them proper credit and that mini-advertising for the network.

WITI6fan

Quote from: mrschimpf;54017Actually the Fox 6 HD bug during network programming is inserted before the fact from Fox's program distribution feed and isn't controlled by the station themselves; during the 10pm Saturday newscast and any pre-emptions of Fox you can see the Fox 6 HD bug in the corner because they aren't airing "Wanda Sykes" live, but recording it for airing at 10:35pm (although for now it seems in that case they don't have HD delay for Fox shows), and it doesn't appear on shows like "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance" as Fox decides to show the regular Fox logo within the 4:3 space so that news shows and clip shows like "The Soup" give them proper credit and that mini-advertising for the network.

Bugs are inserted at the station level by equipment that relies on data in the video stream to know when to trigger bugs, and which one. What I'm guessing is happening now is they've gone to center-cutting the HD feed and sending out one single feed instead of having both a SD Master Control and HD Master Control. So the same equipment that has been generating the FOX6 HD bug is probably now generating the regular FOX bug seen in the 4:3 space.

foxeng

The bug used during network programming resides in the splicer and is completely controlled by network, not the local station.  It doesn't matter if the station has network programming on the air or not, if network decides to turn on the splicer bug, it will, no matter what local programming may be on the air in lieu of network programming.

There is no way for stations to delay FOX programming in HD, by design from FOX.