News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Pioneer Ending Plasma Production

Started by Stanley Kritzik, Thursday Feb 12, 2009, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

One casualty of the electronics slump (and, maybe, newer technology) involves Pioneer Corp.  They are getting out of the plasma flat screen manufacturing business.  The news I saw was unclear as to whether they would keep on selling video screens -- LCD or Plasma -- made by others, but, for sure, they are out of the plasma manufacturing business, and they say they'll be out of the display business by March, 2010.  So, I guess, in a year -- no more Pioneer flat screens.  (Pioneer has lost money for the last five straight years.)

Stan

OlsonNet

Got my 60" KURO a couple months ago. At least I won't have to be annoyed when a newer model is released anymore. Great display :)

skier8734

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/vizio-lcd-plasma-pioneer-hdtv,news-3475.html

Vizio is also ditching plasma as they arn't bright enough to wow the typical consumer in a big box store under the bright florescent lights.

Danno321

Where is the "rich" consumer?  They didn't understand that Plasma is far superior to LCD?  Or they bought Panasonic Plasma?  Either way this is a bad omen for the coming financial stress.