News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

2009 Brewers ....all Hd

Started by Chinatown, Wednesday Aug 13, 2008, 11:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

FSN Wisconsin plans to broadcast every Brewers game in HD in 2009 as Fox transitions its 16 regional sports networks, including FSN Wisconsin, into round-the-clock HD telecasts in the first quarter of 2009.

That will mean FSN will produce its entire slate of more than 3,000 Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League and college football and basketball games in HD, up from some 1,700 HD broadcasts in 2008.

Currently //www.myspace.com/fsnwi lists the following Brewers games in HD from Aug. 19 on:

Aug. 19 Tuesday Houston 7 p.m.

Aug. 22 Friday Pittsburgh 7 p.m.

Aug. 24 Sunday Pittsburgh 1 p.m.

Aug. 27 Wednesday at St. Louis 7 p.m.

Aug. 29 Friday at Pittsburgh 6 p.m.

Sept. 4 Thursday San Diego 7 p.m.

Sept. 6 Saturday San Diego 6 p.m.

Sept. 8 Monday Cincinnati 7 p.m.

Sept. 9 Tuesday Cincinnati 7 p.m.

Sept. 23 Tuesday Pittsburgh 7 p.m.

Sept. 24 Wednesday Pittsburgh 7 p.m.

Sept. 25 Thursday Pittsburgh 7 p.m.

All Times Central

Schedule Subject to Change

With "Dish" stating that they will have over 100 HD channels by the end of the year, the hope is that a dedicated " FSN Wisconsin", will be one of them.

If that will indeed be the case, we existing customers, come February, should be able to downgrade from the AT packages to the HD Turbo Silver or Gold, thus saving us money.

Of course, what ever savings we get will  most likely go into our gas tanks.

Oh well................

jeffski

Go Brewers! :D
 A prediction  The :Shoot: Cubs will have relinquished the Central division lead by Sept.20th  They have a brutal Sept. schedule whereas the Brewers have a relatively easy one with  many home games. The Cards will fade and the Cubs will do what they're so good at,CHOKE :rof:

John L

I can't see the Cubs choking. They seem to have a much solid team this year.  I am a Brewer fan and I only hope we can win the Wild Card.  I hardly doubt the Cubs will choke, it appears unlikely to happen.   Actually I am predicting the Chicago Cubs to win the World Series, like the last one they had exactly 100 years ago.

I am hoping both Chicago teams in the World Series this year. White Sox vs. Cubs.

-John L.

Go Brewers!:)

jeffski

Hmmm,maybe their choke job started earlier than I thought. The team (Cubs)with the best record in the national league leading 4-0 against the worst team in baseball (Wash.) and then getting blown out by them (@ Wrigley,no less)  13-5! :rof:   GOTTA LOVE IT!!   AND  the Brewers pick up a game on them that night.:D

DZB

Will we still need to put up with the Saturday games on WMLW 41? (SD) I sure hope not.

klwillis45

Quote from: DZB;47897Will we still need to put up with the Saturday games on WMLW 41? (SD) I sure hope not.
Probably but at least it will be better on TWC when they have to use the digital feed.

LoadStar

Quote from: klwillis45;47902Probably but at least it will be better on TWC when they have to use the digital feed.

-LP (Low Power) and -CA (Class A) stations are exempt from the digital transition. WMLW is a -CA station.

It would be nice if TWC would start using the digital feed, but as of right now, I don't know that there is any reason they would have to.

DZB

I have been viewing it OTA on 58-2 I think, and it's been  :(

RonH

Trust me, brewers games OTA 58-2 look great compared to TWC analog 31.

neomaxi

Quote from: RonH;47926Trust me, brewers games OTA 58-2 look great compared to TWC analog 31.

Does   DISH have brewers games   on FOX sports net in HD yet or ananlog?

RonH

DISH and directv are 100% digital.  I believe DISH has the games in HD when available, and something near 480i digital otherwise.  However, FSN could be sending out a analog type signal that DISH is converting to digital before it gets to you, I'm not sure how it works with the non hd broadcasts.

John L

Quote from: DZB;47897Will we still need to put up with the Saturday games on WMLW 41? (SD) I sure hope not.

Who knows? Maybe by next spring WMLW-CA will have the ability to broadcast programs in HD.  Not 58.2, but only on 41.1.

Chinatown

Quote from: neomaxi;47929Does   DISH have brewers games   on FOX sports net in HD yet or ananlog?

They have had HD games since last year.

skier8734

Seems like they went back on their plan so show every game in high def.  http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/39665187.html

RonH

Are any other directV users that use OTA having trouble getting 58-2 (WMLW) on the box recentlY?  For a while last year, there were several duplicate empty channels, but now it appears to be fixed.  However, I can't get anything on 58-2 (guide is correct).  58-1 and 58-3 are fine.  I tried a reset and initial setup on the antenna and it did nothing, whereas it used to fix the problem.