News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Packages

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Friday Mar 01, 2002, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wiedemann

Hey all ...

I'm a DirecTV subscriber with the Starz!/Encore and Family Pack. I saw over on AVS that D* was throwing HBO-HD in when you get HD. Is that anyone's experience here ? I don't get it now.

Thanks.

Steve Mann

Yes, I have the HBO/Starz pack and I get HBO-HD along with HDNet. I just had to make sure I mentioned it to them when I called to have the Panny TU-HDS20 receiver activated.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Todd Wiedemann

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I meant *without* an HBO package. Some people made it seem as though it was a 'bonus' for those of us with HD STB's.

Steve Mann

Right... sorry about that. Now that I re-read your original message I see what you were looking for.

Yes, I've read about folks that get the HBO-HD without subscribing. Especially folks that had the HBO package and then droped it. Seems like the HBO-HD tends to hang around.

Unfortunately, I have no first hand knowledge of this.
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

Todd Wiedemann

Kind of relating to the topic, how do you like your Panny receiver ?

Mine is two weeks old. Seems to be really solid.

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Wiedemann:
Kind of relating to the topic, how do you like your Panny receiver ?

I'm starting to like it. When I first got it I had problems with video dropout on OTA channels. I even called Panasonic and setup for an 'updated' receiver to be sent out. I haven't received the new unit yet, but since then, the original unit seems to have gotten better on it's own (it had already downloaded the software update on the first night). I very seldom have any dropout anymore. I dont' know what caused it to clear up. It does seem to take a good amount of time to lock in on an OTA channel sometimes, but all in all it's doing pretty good.

Of course, the guide has to be about the worst I've seen on any satellite receiver.  

------------------
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

flash

I was at Blockbuster last night and they were offering an extension (till Monday)for their DirectTV special offer.
52 Weeks of free rentals.
HBO and Cinemax for 3 months FREE!
Basic system w/install for FREE!

------------------
Gordy M.

flash

I just recieved a flyer in the mail last night from Flanners. The flyer says that they will install HDTV Direct TV and OTA with the STB and oval dish included for $499...

------------------
Gordy M.