News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Road Runner 2 Modems

Started by FiberOptic, Sunday Dec 30, 2007, 11:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

Another option is a wireless range extender. They extend the wireless range of your wireless router. You will have a speed reduction but if your just surfing the net, and  you cut your routers 54 megs a second down to 27 megs a second  it is still over 5 times faster than your RR speeds.

davidrab

Quote from: TPK;43538I see...  Well that makes sense....

Any particular reason why you just didnt get one subscription and use a router??

Probably none of my business, but I guess Im kinda nosy....

No problem.

I did have a router for "my" modem, but I had the other modem for the Cisco router
that VPN'd to work (I work out of my house). I guess I was funny about trying to
keep the two networks as separate as possible. I've since got rid of that second
modem and just have a 2nd IP for the Cisco ($10 vs $50).

Dave

brewtownska

Even with my cheap Linksys, I was under the impression that I can VPN in to work on 1 computer and the other computers on the router can still use "my" internet connection at the same time.  I've done that a few times...I hope it worked the way I thought it did.  Anyhow, if that is the case then why even buy a 2nd IP address?  I guess if you're working out of your home and trying to write off a work space on your taxes, maybe it makes sense from a tax perspective.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii