News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Anybody have the Hopper?

Started by budda, Monday Feb 10, 2014, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budda

Anybody on this site have the Hopper and do you like it? Comments.:dg:

budda

Is this just a road runner Web site? Time Warner?

Gregg Lengling

I have Dish but refuse to pay any more to them so just have standard DVR.  If you decide to get it let me know how you like it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

budda

I have Dish now. Have 2 VIP722K's with OTA tuners. I am having 2 Hoppers with Sling installed with two Joeys on the 22nd of Feb. Only cost was two USB OTA tuners about $60. Upgrade was free. But of course 24 month commitment.  I will post back later. Been watchin Utube stuff on the Hopper. But it all seems a bit slanted. But that's ok I guess. Has a 2 TB drive. apps. on the go video. PTAT, Prime Time Any Time. You can turn this off if you want. But I still like the major networks> It will record ABC, NBC,CBS and FOX. Every night from 7 to 10. After 24 hours you can use auto hop which skips all commercials. That PTAT is how they can say record 6 things at once. With out PTAT it's really 4 max. Of course they have a new Super Joey coming out in the next 3 months adds two tuners. There is also virtual Joeys which  I will not use That is a app in place of a piece of hardware. Can be loaded on a PS3/4, xbox 360 or one. Smart tv  and so on. Very cool. My bill will go down a bout 15.00 a month so not to bad. Now to see how it works. :){cheers}