News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC HD Channels in Test Mode!!!

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Nov 04, 2009, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;53919Yes, test channels are no longer there (again), so what is the hang up now?
We were supposed to get the two test ones mentioned before, along with the 8 others they advertised...what's the deal, TWC?

My neighbors gave up on the slow roll out and the new pricing for December and went to Directv for HD service.:D

Disney XD-HD is now on 1102

Cartoon Network-HD is now on 1106.

They officially launched on Tuesday.

When they become official in the Time Grid, they are removed from the 1900's test channel range.  Channels in this range generally launch on the Time Grid within 3-7 days. (The average seems to be about 5 days.)

Here is the list of channels we are SUPPOSED to have by the end of the year:

TCM-HD-Added
Headline News-HD-Added
Cartoon Network-HD-Added
Disney XD-HD-Added
ESPN U-HD
BBC America-HD
E!-HD
AMC-HD
Outdoor Channel-HD
Fox Business-HD

In addition:

Style-HD
Game TV-HD
Team-HD

are talked about on the website, but I think we will see the channels above first.

Hope your neighbors have better luck with Direct TV!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

I watch a good amount of BBCA, so I have been trying to be patient with BBCA-HD coming as Directv does not offer it yet...last night these weren't "on" in my grid, these are now...nice.
The rest of them, I don't care about, unless The Weather Channel HD and BIO HD are added, too...and these aren't on TWC-Wisconsin's "list".:(

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;53923I watch a good amount of BBCA, so I have been trying to be patient with BBCA-HD coming as Directv does not offer it yet...last night these weren't "on" in my grid, these are now...nice.
The rest of them, I don't care about, unless The Weather Channel HD and BIO HD are added, too...and these aren't on TWC-Wisconsin's "list".:(

What channel is BBC America on in the grid?  I didn't even see it as a test channel first!

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;53924What channel is BBC America on in the grid?  I didn't even see it as a test channel first!

Jack

No, BBCA-HD is in the "coming soon" listing along with the others given.
It should be as channel 1225 when it (finally) comes...whenever that is.:rolleyes:

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;53925No, BBCA-HD is in the "coming soon" listing along with the others given.
It should be as channel 1225 when it (finally) comes...whenever that is.:rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;53920Disney XD-HD is now on 1102

Cartoon Network-HD is now on 1106.

They officially launched on Tuesday.

When they become official in the Time Grid, they are removed from the 1900's test channel range.  Channels in this range generally launch on the Time Grid within 3-7 days. (The average seems to be about 5 days.)

Here is the list of channels we are SUPPOSED to have by the end of the year:

TCM-HD-Added
Headline News-HD-Added
Cartoon Network-HD-Added
Disney XD-HD-Added
ESPN U-HD
BBC America-HD
E!-HD
AMC-HD
Outdoor Channel-HD
Fox Business-HD

In addition:

Style-HD
Game TV-HD
Team-HD

are talked about on the website, but I think we will see the channels above first.

Hope your neighbors have better luck with Direct TV!

Jack

Style HD and BIO HD are being added according to their programming notices in their site, so that could make it more than 12 HD channels added once done if the other three come about..;)

cnjbucks

Does anyone know what these channels will be?  I can't find anything on-line for these.

It's nice to see them adding channels, but it would be better if they brought us channels that people want... NFL would be nice.  

I do miss not having HDnet as well.  Spike TV and Comedy Central would be nice too.

Sparkman87

Quote from: cnjbucks;53931Does anyone know what these channels will be?  I can't find anything on-line for these.

It's nice to see them adding channels, but it would be better if they brought us channels that people want... NFL would be nice.  

I do miss not having HDnet as well.  Spike TV and Comedy Central would be nice too.

HD channels for MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, & NHL Center ice Packages.

gparris

Quote from: Sparkman87;53932HD channels for MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, & NHL Center ice Packages.

And what provider do you have in your area?:huh?:

klwillis45

Quote from: cnjbucks;53931I do miss not having HDnet as well.  
Yeah, the fact that they dropped the HDNets because "being HD isn't enough" is a flippin joke when MAVtv is on there.

Andrew

Quote from: gparris;53923I watch a good amount of BBCA, so I have been trying to be patient with BBCA-HD coming as Directv does not offer it yet..

BBCA HD should be good as almost all of their shows are in HD, as opposed to other channels with less actual HD content.

Jack 1000

Quote from: klwillis45;53934Yeah, the fact that they dropped the HDNets because "being HD isn't enough" is a flippin joke when MAVtv is on there.

Oh yea!  Totally agree!

AND charging $5.00 more by putting it in a package who's only redeeming value for those that had it WAS HDNET Movies.  Now that channel is gone, replaced with MAV TV?  WTF?!!!

Jack

Jack 1000

New Channels Now Being Tested

1977-Bio HD
1978-BBC Am-HD
1979-AMC-HD
1980- Fox Business News-HD
1981-Outdoor Channel-HD

I'll bet guide placement in the grid could be by next week!

Jack

klwillis45

Sweet, I'll have to catch up on the Prisoner, Breaking Bad, & Mad Men.

wireblsam

Quote from: Jack 1000;53942New Channels Now Being Tested

1977-Bio HD
1978-BBC Am-HD
1979-AMC-HD
1980- Fox Business News-HD
1981-Outdoor Channel-HD

So that's 9 out of the 10 promised.  Wonder what they have against ESPNU HD?