News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

XBOX 360 HD Drive

Started by Matt Heebner, Saturday Jun 30, 2007, 10:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

Looking to get a stand alone player...have not decided on HD DVD or Blu-Ray but I am going to sell off the XBOX drive. Almost new, have only played about 10 movies through. Asking $150 o/b/o and I will deliver. Will give it a few days locally and then it moves to the big forums.
Also will throw in Terminator 3 HD DVD along with King Kong that came with it.
Let me know

mheebner@gmail dot com

Thanks

Todd Wiedemann

Matt,

Are you also selling any other HD-DVDs besides the two you listed ?

Thanks.

Matt Heebner

I was not going to sell any of the HD DVD's till I know what format I want to go with for now.

If you buy the drive, I might be tempted to throw in Chronicals Of Riddick :D :D

Paul S.

Matt, didja sell it? I wanna sell mine, too.

Matt Heebner

Yeppers....
Sold it for $135 on home theater forum.

Still looking at what i want to get...HDDVD or BLU-RAY. Not sure which way I want to go.

Paul S.

I'll say this- I love my BD over my HDDVD by miles.

gparris

Quote from: Paul S.;40115I'll say this- I love my BD over my HDDVD by miles.

Yes, Paul S., I agree with you given I have both PS3 and Panasonic DMP-BD10A for Blu-ray players.

When I get high-def DVDs to play, I go for Blu-ray just because the loading time is faster and both players operate more like a regular DVD player, too.

When I have to get a HD-DVD disc (if it is a Universal Pictures movie), I load it into my HD-A1 Toshiba HD-DVD player and wonder if I made a mistake or if the thing is broken due to the wait time alone and it only has 5.1 output capabilities, too.
FYI, on both my Denon AVRs (2807 and 4306) with HDMI inputs, I actually get 7.1 input off of some 6.1 discs from Blu-ray and nothing higher from HD-DVD, sort of sad.
Examples: "Crank" and "Descent".

Now, I would get the newer HD-A2 model (or higher) to make it faster loading and a smaller cabinet to fit in my equipment racks, but I don't know if this format will survive.
Some of the HDi interactive features I have experienced in the HD-DVD discs are aggravating/annoying and I do not use them, so not having the extra features of HD-DVD is not a concern to me.