News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New software performance

Started by Pat, Wednesday Jan 08, 2003, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

The new screens eat Netscape 4.77 alive!  For whatever its worth.

Tom Snyder

That's always a problem... deciding how far back we want to go with browser compatibility.  This site makes extensive use of Cascading style sheets, something that Netscape 4.xx doesn't handle well. For this and other reasons you may want to consider upgrading.

Here's Why

I understand your reluctance. As an early adopter, I go the other direction with Browsers/Mail readers... I'm usually really resistant to upgrade. I didn't upgrade from Netscape 4.7x until a few months ago. I upgraded to 6.2, and didn't like it, so I went all the way to Netscape 7.0.  With the exception of some slowness with Java applets, it's pretty sweet.

BTW... I tried to email you a reply about the error you reported, but it wouldn't let me.. . Bug? Or didn't you enter your email address?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Pat

Quoteyou may want to consider upgrading.
I've tried a 6.x version and a 7.x version, but both screw up somewhere or another.  4.77 may be slow, but it doesn't die very often.

QuoteBTW... I tried to email you a reply about the error you reported, but it wouldn't let me.. . Bug? Or didn't you enter your email address?
May be a bug.  My E-Mail address is there, but under options, I selected to allow Admins and Moderators contact me via E-Mail, but not others.