News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Contacts

Started by SugarRay, Monday Mar 18, 2002, 09:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SugarRay

Could this site post names/contact people so we can 'voice' our concern to the various stations, Time Warner, Direct TV,etc. regarding the broadcasting of HDTV programming.  For example, who should be be contacting at Time Warner to raise concerns that they are not broadcasting local HD programming,etc. sot that the message is heard.

RickNeff

Well, I simply used the Contact Us page (http://www.timewarnerwi.com/contactus.html) on their site and got a reply within 24 hours (from a Ms. Kate Mankowski) and contact information for the 2 marketing people (Judith Gifford or Steve Frantella) and their e-mail addresses.  However, I never did get any reply from Mr. Frantella, who is supposedly the one that knows what the status is.

I'm not posting any e-mail addresses simply because I haven't gotten any sort of permission to do so.  But, I had no problems getting them after filling in the contact form.

------------------
Richard Neff
Proud Toshiba 56x81 owner!

SugarRay

I have tried the Time Warner contact us link numerous times without any luck. f

Can you give me some details on what you asked,etc?  Maybe you had the magic wording or something.

[This message has been edited by SugarRay (edited 03-18-2002).]

RickNeff

I don't recall exactly what I said in the contact form.  However, this is what I sent to the various people I mentioned at TWC:

----------
I was given your contact information from Kate Mankowski regarding agreements with local broadcasters that currently broadcast in HDTV.

I would like to express my concerns about getting both the local NBC (4 - WTMJ - NBC (28 Digital) and CBS stations (58 - WDJT - CBS (46 Digital) via Time Warner Cable.  I have the Scientific Altlanta Explorer 2000HD box and currently have PBS and HBO HD and am quite pleased with the quality of the picture.  I was wondering if agreements would be forthcoming with these local broadcasters soon.

I ask this primarily to determine whether it would be worthwhile to wait for TWC to provide these HDTV broadcasts. Or, if purchasing a set-top box and UHF anntena would be the most practical if these broadcasts are not expected to be available within 6 or so months via cable.

Thank you for your time!

Richard Neff
Milwaukee HDTV Forum Member (http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/)
---------

I made sure I put the Web site in my signature, hoping that maybe someone from TWC would wander in here.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seemed to have happened.

------------------
Richard Neff
Proud Toshiba 56x81 owner!