News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

1-1 Sound problems

Started by Tom Snyder, Friday Apr 25, 2003, 09:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

CBS 58 Digital OTA sound is popping like crazy... Hack and CSI... is the  problem on my end, or are others having the same problem?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Spiderick

Same here. I had to switch to 58 analog just to keep my sanity.

Spiderick

FreQi

I was trying to watch Hack but gave up after wondering what was wrong with my computer.  Good to know it wasn't me afterall.

MarkS

I'm having the same problem.  Even with a signal of 78, the sound dropouts on CSI and Hack were so bad it rendered them unwatchable.

This seems to have started after the NCAA multicasting.  Prior to that I never had problems with 1-1.

Anyone know Jim Hall's email address so I can express my displeasure?

FreQi

Damn it, it's doing it again.  King of Queens and Yes Dear are a total bust.  I expect ELRay, Still Standing and CSI-Miami will be a waste too.

FreQi

I just called their newsroom and spoke with guy that said he'd "call up there and see what's going on".  So he called someone in "Master Control" who said he didn't know anything about it and is looking into it right now.  I don't know what the problem/solution is, but I'm supposed to call later and maybe he'll know what was wrong.  *shrug*

JimmyBond

Update

9:00pm CSI:Miami

Sound still fluttering over air and over cable.

Tom Snyder

It was fine over the weekend (at least during Touched by an Angel)
Tom Snyder

Tom Sielicki

Yes it is really annoying.  My wife keeps asking me why they cannot get their act together.   She really likes Raymond and we had to watch the analog signal.

FreQi

I've all but given up on the channel for the time being.  Did anyone tune in over the last couple days to see if their HD broadcasts have good audio yet?

Tom Snyder

Jim Hall told me that they were aware of the problem. It existed bewteen them and the network... not a local transmission issue. It appears to be fixed.

CSI and Without a Trace were fine on Thursday night, and Hack was good last night as well.
Tom Snyder

bigcheeshead

Could someone please call in to CBS to see what the problem with the sound is, or provide me with the number? I'm watching the RISE of Hitler Sunday May 18th and the sound is horrendous. Thx.

bigcheeshead

That was interesting.  At 8:30 the screen freezes I hear a loud POP and then the sound problem is gone. I sent them an email 10 minutes earlier but I doubt they've listened that quickly. Someone else must've called. So thx.

FreQi

Kevin Arnold

I noted the same sound problem on Hitler last night, rendering the program unwatchable on the HD channel.  I switched to Madison HD (ch 50) and they had no problem with picture or sound.  This really needs to be fixed and fixed fast.....
Kevin Arnold