News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TW Future Speed Upgrade

Started by Bebop, Friday Jan 31, 2014, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

duncantuna

Those numbers are really astounding.

At my workplace, we have a 50/5 line for EIGHTY internet users.    While true, my users aren't running Netflix streams all day, we do have more than one cloud application, including email .. looking at the graphs, I'd say we have double the bandwidth we actually need.

To imagine then, residential customers with 100, 200, 300 .. at that point, you're talking about having a 600 hp exotic car in your garage.  

Sure it's cool you could go 220 mph, but you are surrounded by freeways with people going 75.

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: duncantuna;59811Sure it's cool you could go 220 mph, but you are surrounded by freeways with people going 75.

I really don't have a clue what kind of infrastructure upgrades will be needed in this market to offer those higher tiers.  Anyone?  

It would be nice if they worked on resilience a bit, for example, uninterruptible power.  

And, anybody got the SB6183 or know if they are installing in this market yet?

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/topics/internet/buy-your-modem.html

Gregg Lengling

At AT&T we have started rolling out in Austin Area market 300/300 speed tier.  It will come to FTTP customers in Milwaukee market later this year most likely.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;59813It will come to FTTP customers in Milwaukee market later this year most likely.
Sounds great!  I've got innerduct from the pole to my basement, with a pull string.  When will I be getting FTTP?  ;)

LoadStar

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;59813It will come to FTTP customers in Milwaukee market later this year most likely.

Those three people will be very happy.

;)

Gregg Lengling

You'd be surprised how much FTTP has been constructed in Milwaukee and the surrounding area in the last 5 years, mainly new subdivisions and new and existing apartment buildings and commercial buildings..IE"  3rd ward  and others.  There is a huge 5 year IP project that AT&T has going on to move away from Copper.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

LoadStar

The Uverse installer I talked to a year ago said that he wasn't aware of any substantial FTTP installations in the area. He believed the Milwaukee area was almost exclusively fiber to the node.

I'd be thrilled to see a more substantial rollout of FTTP.

Gregg Lengling

Pabst farms, downtown milwaukee, Grafton, Cedarburg, Port Washington, Jackson, Hubertus just to name a few.  Over the next 4 years it will be quantum leaps.  It's all been reported in the business journals.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI