News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FS Klipsch utility La Scalas $750

Started by cameralogic, Saturday Apr 28, 2007, 12:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameralogic

These black La Scalas were the centerpiece of my all vintage Klipsch HT...until we had a baby and moved into a smaller house with no basement. Now they must go to a good home.

They are about mid-70's vintage and still sound great...unsurpassed for movies IMHO. These are the "utility" La Scalas, meaning they were meant for commercial use...hence the no-nonsense dull black finish. These particular speakers came out of a church in Oregon. If you have a large, dark HT and love the efficiency and the in-your-face sound these large horn loaded speakers make, well...these might be what you've been waiting for. La Scalas are big and aren't for everyone. Check with your spouse first. They are known for being a little bass-shy, but make up for it in sheer pecussive power from only a few watts and mids that make you giggle.

I think they are fairly priced at $750. If you're interested, I'm in Lincolnshire, just south of the WI border and just off 94. Cash only, please. You will need to come get 'em...bring a pickup and a beefy buddy to help!

BTW...some pics here: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/318725809.html

klwillis45

Do you any good pics of your vintage setup you could post? I'd love to see your classics.

cameralogic

Sorry, no pics of the old HT. The rest of the setup (mostly heresy's for ctr, rears and sides) are stacked in my garage. I'm going to keep them, they stack nicely out of the way.

bubbaridesfast

Sorry, not interested but I almost bought a paid of those 20 years ago. I really liked the La Scala's but got a deal on some Snall Type A's which were even bigger and still going strong after a factory refurbish 10 years ago.

$750 sounds like a pretty good price if they are sound (pun intended:D ) and don't need any upgrades - alot of old speakers do need some materials replaced after time.

cameralogic