News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Forced to get out of HDTV

Started by Dan the Man, Wednesday Mar 17, 2004, 05:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan the Man

Due to very unfortunate circumstances, I have been forced to move out of my house and am now living in an apartment with a 13" TV and lousy Charter digital cable.

As painfull as it will be, it seems unlikely that I will be able to take my TV with me. I will not however be leaving it in my house. So here's the scoop.....

Likely up for sale:

One fantastic Pioneer Elite PRO-710HD projection TV 16:9 format. TV was purchased in November of 2001 (original price of $7000). I saved cash for 4 years to buy this puppy.

TV has no problems, was never serviced and is just like brand new.

Right now I do not know when I will be able to get the TV out. I am awaiting some preliminary agreements.

I am willing to deliver it to your house. You move it inside.

I will consider any reasonable offer. I will not sell it cheap however just to get rid of it. If need be, I will store it, but I would rather see it in a good home.

All offers are non-binding. I have no idea of the time frame on this, but I would think that over the next 3-4 weeks this should be worked out and I will have the TV.

Thanks.

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

gparris

You know, it is, after all, YOUR set. I moved into an apartment this past year (and moved out to a house) and all the while, I had a 65" Mits that I found a way to make it fit and work.

As Gregg L reminded me not too long ago, apartments and associations cannot deny you a dish hookup, unless you are facing north or something like that and cannot get an aim at one of the satellites or something like this (your equipment list includes a DTV box).
 Charter may not be HDTV-friendly, but why let the spouse ( or ex-spouse) have "their way" and make you more miserable by you ditching your entertainment (heck, use it for DVDs for now and wait for better cable!). Directv is a great way to get HD, especially when the cable company won't budge.

Anyway, unless it is a financial issue, take it from my experience, the 64" Pioneer will fit somewhere and you get some of a "last laugh"!:guitar:

Just my thoughts and trying to be helpful...:D

Dan the Man

Just to clarify:

1. I will get the TV. She does not want it, nor will I let her have it.

2. My hope is to not be in an apartment for too long. I am not an apartment dweller. I like my space and my 5.1 turned up pretty loud. I don't know that I want to move the TV around that much, that's why I am considering selling it.

3. I just last night finally broke down and bought a 27" flat screen TV. I had enough of the crappy little set.

4. The apartment will actually allow me to put up a dish - as long at it is not connected to the building. There are a few up already. They seem very cool about this.

My reason for selling it is just to not horse around with it so much. I would hate like heck to mess it up. I can always buy a new one later.

P.S. If anyone has any furniture or anything they are looking to sell, I would be interested. Need some bedroom stuff and maybe a few kitchen items. E-mail me at: darehbein@charter.net if you have something you want to unload.

Thanks and GO BIG RED!!!!

G-Man

is your new 27 inch hd. if not are you willing to get rid of your dish and your hd receiver.
g-man

Paul S.

Sounded like jail time at first lol

Dan the Man

The new TV is not HD.

The dish will be staying at the house.

I will be keeping the receiver.

Still not sure about the TV.

I have yet to get ANYTHING out of my house, other than the few clothes that I have. For all I know, all the other stuff could be gone.......

jlegge

Well, for it's worth, my condolences Dan. Been there, done that and it aint pretty.

Best of luck.