News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Time Warner Cable - All about Digital Transport Adapters

Started by LoadStar, Saturday Aug 03, 2013, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeerrff

Just got off chat with TWC support.  My latest bill shows a 99 cent charge for the DTA I have.  the first 'Analyst' agreed that they should be free, and transferred me to someone else to address the issue.  This new  'Analyst' spend almost a half hour trying to find confirmation that the DTA's were free until 2015 but could not.  He ended up just giving me a 12 month 99 cent credit.  

I didn't find my letter until after the chat.

tommyinajar

I didn't see an option on the TW site for how many boxes to order.
It just states :"These Easy Connect Kit(s) will be shipped to you:
TV Equipment"

We have 3 dvr and 5 straight hook ups. Are the just automatically sending 5? (I doubt it...)

Olias

Thanks for starting this thread Loadstar. I had been wondering how these boxes worked since my elderly father in law stopped getting a few channels on his directly connected TV.
He just ordered one and I'll be driving over to set it up later this week.

Hopefully it will be a smooth install...

InsulinJunkie

Quote from: LoadStar;59538the boxes are technically capable of receiving and displaying HD channels, although at this time the only HD channels they receive are the over-the-air broadcast channels.

After having only locals in HD for the first month or two of having a DTA on a bedroom TV, I noticed that all of a sudden I'm getting the following cable channels in HD, as well:

ABC Family
A&E
Discovery
ESPN
FX
Hallmark
HGTV
History
TBS
TNT
USA

LoadStar

Quote from: InsulinJunkie;59726After having only locals in HD for the first month or two of having a DTA on a bedroom TV, I noticed that all of a sudden I'm getting the following cable channels in HD, as well:

ABC Family
A&E
Discovery
ESPN
FX
Hallmark
HGTV
History
TBS
TNT
USA

Interesting... I will have to check on ours when I get home tonight. I wonder if they're starting the rollout of the channel map that merges the HD and SD channels together?

LoadStar

Quote from: LoadStar;59727Interesting... I will have to check on ours when I get home tonight.
I just checked, and I can confirm this report. Now, this probably only affects those who already have those channels in their subscription; those who have just standard may not get them. Still, for those who do, this now makes the DTA very useful as a low-cost cable box for a lower usage TV such as in a guest room or basement or such.

Tivoman44

I just picked up my DTA today, haven't hooked it up yet.  Does anyone know where the link is showing these are free until 2015?  I'm being charged $0.99 as of now.

ddeerrff

Those of you in the Milwaukee area with a TV connected to a DTA....

Is Food Channel (ch 66 and ch 151) still working for you?  

As of a a few days ago, we no longer were able to get Food on either 66 or 151.  Called TWC and the rep rebooted/reconfigured the DTA twice, and still no ch 66.  Opening the DTA menu/channel list has 66 dimmed out.  

Connected a TV directly to the cable and let it scan.  Determined that ch 66 was still there as an analog signal.  

TWC rep said she would set up a CT(?) scan, and if it still wasn't working by Thursday to call back in.

LoadStar