News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

3-d

Started by jerbear, Friday Jan 22, 2010, 09:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerbear

Just got a new 60" Mitsubishi TV that is 3-D ready. what do you need to watch it and what does it cost?

Ralph Kramden

Check out the info from the CES show. Google "CES 2010". You'll need a 3D Blu-ray player(not out yet) and whatever glasses they specify. I read that they will be shutter glasses, and cost $100. I think there's only a couple 3D discs out anyway.

Bebop

3-d
DirecTV will be launching 3-D programming later this year.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/article.jsp?assetId=P6600006

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

basshive

Is anyone hip to all the different 3-d formats out? Believe it or not my wife is asking what we need to be 3-d ready etc. I keep saying lets wait and see who / what is the standard so we aren't like the people who bought into HD DVD. Looks like we have the same storm brewing with companies joining up in opposing camps but I am still left wondering what the standard will be so I can pair up the right equipment!
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

UncleMeat

Ralph Kramden

Quote from: jerbear;54640Just got a new 60" Mitsubishi TV that is 3-D ready. what do you need to watch it and what does it cost?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 3D material to watch. There's very little out there, and not much coming soon.

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;54667I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 3D material to watch. There's very little out there, and not much coming soon.

I'm old enough to remember the first post-war (WII) TV sets -- DuMont, roughly 4" diagonal with a blue phosphor.  People would sit around and watch stuff like -- test patterns and the old Brewers from Borchert Field (one camera, fixed position, etc.).  I also remember the beer commercials -- the announcer would slurp his Schlitz right on camera!

I expect, early 3D adopters will call the friends in to see "whatever" in 3D ASAP.  There will probably be some curvaceous "guys only" items out there, to be sure.  As for "quality" 3D -- wait a while.

Stan

Mark Strube

Quote from: Ralph Kramden;54667I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for 3D material to watch. There's very little out there, and not much coming soon.

I think the fall/winter of 2010 is really where some consumer 3D items will take off. This spring/summer there will be Avatar and a few other films ready for home 3D use (probably), but that will certainly be the first generation of the technology, and if there are competing technologies from different companies, that could make it even worse.

However this upcoming summer there are a slew of 3D theatrical films planned, especially due to the huge success of Avatar, so that is why I say the fall/winter of 2010 is where it might really take off for home use.

Bebop

How many people already have an HDTV will invest in a 3D one?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Steve Mann

Quote from: Bebop;54804How many people already have an HDTV will invest in a 3D one?

Two, maybe three.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

AndrewP