News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 Wake Up weekend GONE!!

Started by Dan the Man, Saturday Apr 11, 2009, 09:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan the Man

Looks like WITI pulled the weekend versions of the Wake Up news. Where the time slot was is now some animal show, this week in baseball and Ask Gus reruns (for Saturday)..

I wonder if they also cut staffing.......

Times they are not good.

wireblsam

Channel 6 "suspends" some weekend newscasts
By Tim Cuprisin of the Journal Sentinel
Mar. 5, 2009  

Channel 6, Milwaukee's Fox affiliate, is "suspending" its weekend morning newscasts, along with the 6 p.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday broadcasts, because of the tightening economy.

The changes hit the first weekend in April -- the beginning of the second quarter -- and include the return to the Saturday morning lineup of Gus Gnorski's "Ask Gus" show.

General manager Chuck Steinmetz says he hopes to bring those newscasts back when things get better.

"That's why we use the word suspend and not cancel," he says.

John L

This only makes WTMJ-TV and WISN-TV very happy since they also air News at the sametime. They will gain some of WITI's viewers as a result, while WITI will just fall because of this stupid move.  I cannot see weekend News returning to ch. 6. I also don't expect WITI to even do weekday news in HD anytime soon. WISN-TV is more likely to go HD with local news now that WTMJ-TV is doing it.

-John L.

Dan the Man

Then I would have known this change was coming. I'll try to remain more informed.